Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark.

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
London, UK
Since upgrading to WatchOS 3, I can't work how to view the forecasted temperature for later in the day?

For example, in WatchOS 2 I could load the Weather app and by touching the clock face I could see icons, temperature and chance of rain for each hour of the day.

Now in WatchOS 3 I can only see icons for each hour, and touching the screen takes me to a 10 day forecast.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
I assume you have time travel activated? Watch App - Clock - Time Travel. I thought it was disabled by default but can't remember. Mine was off.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Since upgrading to WatchOS 3, I can't work how to view the forecasted temperature for later in the day?

For example, in WatchOS 2 I could load the Weather app and by clicking on the clock face I could see icons, temperature and chance of rain for each hour of the day.

Now in WatchOS 3 I can only see icons for each hour, and pressing the screen takes me to a 10 day forecast.

Am I missing something?
Force Touch

Reactions: Mark.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I know there's only so much screen real estate on a watch, but really wish they found a way to show both temp and sun/cloud together.

Sandy Santra

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
Brooklyn
I know there's only so much screen real estate on a watch, but really wish they found a way to show both temp and sun/cloud together.

It was much better before: you just tapped, and it cycled between three circular views: temp, % precip probability, humidity.
[doublepost=1476365616][/doublepost]

No, it's not. It's a step backward from the way it was before. Force touch + plus another tap is more work and harder work than the way it was before: you just tapped once, and it cycled between three views (one for each tap): temp, % precip probability, humidity.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
It was much better before: you just tapped, and it cycled between three circular views: temp, % precip probability, humidity.
[doublepost=1476365616][/doublepost]

Yeah, even that was better. Now a force press is needed, followed by another tap.

Mark.

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
London, UK
No, it's not. It's a step backward from the way it was before. Force touch + plus another tap is more work and harder work than the way it was before: you just tapped once, and it cycled between three views (one for each tap): temp, % precip probability, humidity.

I agree. I was just calling the poster a genius for telling me how to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.