Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
Where does weatherbug acquire its information from? Weather.com?

I dont know if weatherbug has a program for macs but I just need to know this information and after multiple searches I have come up with nothing. Thank you in advance.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
http://www.weatherbug.com/aws/aboutus.asp

WeatherBug, the leading provider of weather information services, owns and operates a proprietary network of 8,000 WeatherBug Tracking Stations and more than 1,000 cameras that are strategically placed at schools, public safety facilities and television stations throughout the U.S. These professional grade weather stations generate live neighborhood level reports every second (unlike other weather providers; their data is up to an hour or more old).

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
Wow, im old. Im just now finding out there is a weatherbug for mac. Im so happy. Although its only a "Lite" version.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Laser47 said:
Wow, im old. Im just now finding out there is a weatherbug for mac. Im so happy. Although its only a "Lite" version.

Why not just use the dashboard widget? :p

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
ITASOR said:
Why not just use the dashboard widget? :p
I just installed it, and now I know why its called 'Lite' only the temp?. I uninstalled it and youre right the dashboard widget is better. When the mac version is the same as the pc version then I will download it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.