Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
skeuomorphic! ugh, I'm so sick and tired of reading that word.

did you really need to say it regarding the web version of the notes app? just say that it looks nearly identical to its iOS and Mac counterparts next time, just like everything else on iCloud.com, sheesh.

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
I LOVE ICLOUD and the current ICLOUD APPS.

But,
1. The fonts and layout is just too big. They need to make a compact version to make things smaller.
2. More options for each APP just like the desktop version
3. And more iCloud APPS! :apple:

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
I just don't understand Apple. All the icons are consistent between iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and iCloud but they decided to revamp the icons on iPod nano. It just does not make logical sense. It just really bugs me not understanding why they did it!!! :mad:

it's a smaller, lower resolution screen, so the graphics within the icon would be more difficult to see if they were contained in rounded squares. by using circles, the icon's graphics can be made larger and easier to see.

draw a square icon around the "apps" on that screenshot as-is, how does it look?

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I LOVE ICLOUD and the current ICLOUD APPS.

But,
1. The fonts and layout is just too big. They need to make a compact version to make things smaller.
2. More options for each APP just like the desktop version
3. And more iCloud APPS! :apple:

4. Make iCloud work with Snow Leopard.

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
I tried sending an email to my @me.com email except with @icloud.com at the end, and it didn't go thru.

Are you guys sure the email works?

I can log into iCloud.com with an @icloud.com email tho.

How did you get an iCloud.com e-mail address?

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Finally. Darn. Took entirely too long for this to happen. Shoulda happened last year. But by golly, it's here!:cool:

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
because I already have a @me.com email. @me.com turns into @icloud.com soon.

it went from @mac.com to @me.com to @icloud.com

Where has Apple stated that our @me.com will be transitioned to an iCloud address? I still have friends using their @mac addresses.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Still no sign of an updated version of iWork or iLife. What are all their software engineers doing all day?

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Thank you, thank you, thank you Apple for FINALLY getting the notification Badge so I can quickly see if I have an email or something waiting.

GREAT!!

MuppetGate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2012
skeuomorphic! ugh, I'm so sick and tired of reading that word.

Same here. The word is ten times uglier than the thing it describes, and I'm sure it was only dropped (needlessly) into the article to start a click-generating bun fight.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Where has Apple stated that our @me.com will be transitioned to an iCloud address? I still have friends using their @mac addresses.

In 1 of the iOS 6 Betas it was stated that now when people make an Apple email address it'll be @iCloud.com

If you had @Mac.com or @Me.com you can still use those, but you can also use @iCloud.com as well.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Neat, Find My iPhone now tells you your phone's battery status, so you have a rough idea of how long you have to find it before it dies.

FlameofAnor

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
I just don't understand Apple. All the icons are consistent between iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and iCloud but they decided to revamp the icons on iPod nano. It just does not make logical sense. It just really bugs me not understanding why they did it!!! :mad:

It's not an improvement, and it was an unnecessary change... good design maintains a consistent look.

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
I also want the following in iCloud!

1. Notification (for iCloud apps only)
2. Safari Access (Tabs, Offline Reading List, Bookmarks)
3. iPhotos Stream
4. Feed Reader
5. iCloud Disk
6. Find Friends

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
Wow this is pretty cool. I was in the new reminders app on iCloud and had an email to come in and a little notification banner dropped down from the top of the reminders app with the subject and who it was from like in iOS.

Zax

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
Games!

iCloud should have its own App Store. I wish I could add some HTML5 games to the grid. They should be playable on Apple TV as well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.