Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redlob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Just got myself a 13" i5 MBA and I already like it very much, except for one thing: the webcam. Man, this thing is horrible compared to my late 2006 MBP... it gives a grainy/unfocused image. My MBP is very crisp, and shows much more detail.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
Just got myself a 13" i5 MBA and I already like it very much, except for one thing: the webcam. Man, this thing is horrible compared to my late 2006 MBP... it gives a grainy/unfocused image. My MBP is very crisp, and shows much more detail.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

They can't put the current camera's in there due to the thinness of the screen.

stevenpa

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
I still don't get why people NEED a nice webcam. Sure it's nice to have better image quality but unless your internet is fast and you're using it for business, what's the point?

And you can always get an HD webcam to attach on. With a laptop this thin what do you expect?

Trinatek

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Minnesota, USA
I still don't get why people NEED a nice webcam. Sure it's nice to have better image quality but unless your internet is fast and you're using it for business, what's the point?

And you can always get an HD webcam to attach on. With a laptop this thin what do you expect?

There are a lot of things people don't need. I mean if you're paying $1200+ on a laptop, you would sort of hope the camera would at least match your cellphone cam.

MistaMacky

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
There are a lot of things people don't need. I mean if you're paying $1200+ on a laptop, you would sort of hope the camera would at least match your cellphone cam.

Good point. You are shelling out the cash. As a side note, I was face timing with the gf yesterday and I thought the quality was very good, if not respectable at worst. Just my opinion though.

2011 13'' MBA

Trinatek

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Good point. You are shelling out the cash. As a side note, I was face timing with the gf yesterday and I thought the quality was very good, if not respectable at worst. Just my opinion though.

2011 13'' MBA

At the same time, it's definitely not a dealbreaker for me and to be honest.. I've yet to even receive my international shipment yet for my BTO ;p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.