Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Is it just me or do the photos in these comps get better each week.
Tough one to judge!!

Thanks for the kind words @Scepticalscribe , I took this week before the comp theme, playing around with the water feature outside a shopping center in Bangkok. This shot was the wife's favorite. Gotta love the way photography makes you look at the world differently! Everything is just a new angle and perspective away from mundane towards as you say..., compelling.

Very well said, Oz. There were several folks in the competition whose interpretation of "reflection" was clearly outside the box from where I sit. I continue to be amazed at the quality of work that shows up in each and every one of these contests - and IMO, that's the point of it all - to take these weekly challenges to stretch ourselves and improve our craft, as well as demonstrating our overall love of photography.

Reactions: OzBok

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
Very well said, Oz. There were several folks in the competition whose interpretation of "reflection" was clearly outside the box from where I sit. I continue to be amazed at the quality of work that shows up in each and every one of these contests - and IMO, that's the point of it all - to take these weekly challenges to stretch ourselves and improve our craft, as well as demonstrating our overall love of photography.

Couldn't have said it better myself - it's not about winning, it's about sharing ideas (the not about winning bit only applies when I don't place of course....:))

Reactions: OzBok
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.