Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
usa
In the course of moving through life , we concentrate on viewing large objects . This week ; I’d like you to concentrate on objects , or details of objects we either don’t see , or ignore , due to their very small size .

So… get out those extension tubes , macro lenses , bellows ( no bellows??? Cousin Larry’s accordion , a drill and a glue gun , and you’re set ) , microscope adapters , and have at it !!

2 small requests : 1- caption your image so everyone knows what it is ; 2 – please … no images from scanning electron microscopes .

◦ The photographs must be your own work.

◦ Be creative and have fun.

◦ You may only submit one photo per contest.

◦ Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

◦ The contest runs for one week, starting NOW!

◦ At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

◦ The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
Okay. I will start off: Bellwort with Assassin Bug Nymph. This bug is maybe a centimetre in length.

Assassin Bug Nymph on Bellwort-.jpg

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Taking it with a pinch of salt is not advised after this comment :D

Using some witty repartee to spice up our contests is a good thing. At least that's the sage advice I got from a friend of mine. Anyway, thyme for me to go. I have a lot of work to do, and buttering up my boss only goes so far.

Reactions: needfx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.