Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
pukifloyd: Your entry seems a bit heavy on the PP side, but it gives the impression of two young folks who do indeed just want to go home. Was this posed or candid?

Thanks luminosity :)
Can you explain Your entry seems a bit heavy on the PP side? Sorry...I am new to this :eek:

They didn't pose...its natural :rolleyes:

Congratulations VirtualRain! Great photo!:)

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
An almost surrealistic image, and right out of the gate this was my default winner if I didn't see anything better. I love the colors and the back and forth between the subject and the mirror, along with your hand. Very colorful and just very well done overall :).

Thank you very much, 2nd place is pretty awesome, cheers man. I agree with you on VirtualRains photo, it is simply stunning, I almost secretly hoped he wouldn't post it :p It's a stunning use of lighting and silhouette.

Congrats Virtualrain!

EDIT: pukifloyd, if it means the same thing as it doesn't in film, PP means post-production, as in, your photo was edited a fair amount in photoshop :)

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
3rd place:

NeGRit0:

4828608189_c52ffaba10_z.jpg

Another great shot of her. I really like the energy here, and that it's in monochrome. The angle works well, because it gives directional tension against the direction of the background. I like shooting stuff like this a lot, and I would love to have photographed her. Well done :).

Wow, third? Thanks! If you are in Vegas in the near future you could probably shoot her. She is a performer downtown. There was also a blonde that was absolutely gorgeous, but I didnt get any decent shots of her.

Kudos to VirtualRain, I knew you were going to be tough to beat.

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2009
California
Congrats!!!

Congrats NeGRit0, Schtumple and VirtualRain.

Luminosity, this was at the Downtown Long Beach Art Walk. The guy is a clothing store owner and the girl is a designer. We were having a few drinks next door towards the end of the day

pakyooh: Inquiring minds want to know who this pair is. Were they a couple or as unknown to each other as they are to people here? I like the energy and fun here :).

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
EDIT: pukifloyd, if it means the same thing as it doesn't in film, PP means post-production, as in, your photo was edited a fair amount in photoshop :)

Thank you Sctumple :)
Yeah it was...I try to play with photos as much as I can...Maybe I edited it too much:confused:

anyways...thanks...and congratulations again to all the winners :)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
A bunch of really nice pics this week. Great job judging and commenting, Luminosity. VirtualRain had a really unique and eye-catching photo which deserved the nod this week, but I enjoyed seeing all of the posted entries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.