Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madd the Sane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Utah
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

When I put a breakpoint on my project, PCSXR, and try to skip to the next line, it goes to a completely different place (using gdb) or complains about EXEC_BAD_ACCESS (using lldb). What am I doing wrong?

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
My experience has been that erratic stepping is often caused by trying to step through a release version of code: some of what you have written may have been optimized away by the compiler.

If that is not it, try posting some code so we can guess blindly at what your problem might be.

Madd the Sane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Utah
Let's see...
Generate Debug Symbols is on; Optimization level is 0; Strip Debug Symbols During Copy is off.

When I press the step over button, I get to the function dyld_stub_objc_msgSend.

The only thing that I can think of that's causing it is the following cflags:-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -falign-loops=16

Okay, it was -fomit-frame-pointer that was causing it. I'm removing it from my debug build process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.