Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
I upgrade yearly at launch like most folks do with iUP I assume? Well I literally just got this weird email...

"iPhone Upgrade Program
We never received your iPhone.
Order Number: W1304******
Because you didn’t trade in your iPhone, we are unable to complete the trade-in process. The associated loan on this iPhone will resume."

I can't find my current loan number and Citizens One is showing my account as closed. Looks like the current isn't on there anymore. According to Apple Website it shows this "
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Picked Up Sep 22
Your trade-in has been canceled. The associated loan will resume, in addition to any payments on your new iPhone."

Has anyone had this issue before? I assume, the current loan will just show up without any issues? Obviously Citizens One is closed currently. I'll call them in the morning tho. Figured, I'd ask here incase someone had this issue as well with a solution?

Reactions: rainbow_wild

rainbow_wild

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2024
I also received the same email. Picked up my 15 Pro Max on launch day and traded in my 14 Pro Max a couple of days later at the same store. Very weird indeed.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
I also received the same email. Picked up my 15 Pro Max on launch day and traded in my 14 Pro Max a couple of days later at the same store. Very weird indeed.
So it must be a system issue then? I figured I'd be the only one with this issue haha.

HeyCharlieBall

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Dusted off my Macrumors account to chime in and say that I got the same email just now. Panicked me a bit, but glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat. Definitely has to be a system glitch, I tried upgrading my device on the Apple Store app, and I get a never ending loading screen.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
Dusted off my Macrumors account to chime in and say that I got the same email just now. Panicked me a bit, but glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat. Definitely has to be a system glitch, I tried upgrading my device on the Apple Store app, and I get a never ending loading screen.
My Citizens One account is showing $0 balance. Would be nice but won't last LMAO.

Stratocasta21

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2015
I upgrade yearly at launch like most folks do with iUP I assume? Well I literally just got this weird email...

"iPhone Upgrade Program
Because you didn’t trade in your iPhone, we are unable to complete the trade-in process. The associated loan on this iPhone will resume."

I can't find my current loan number and Citizens One is showing my account as closed. Looks like the current isn't on there anymore. According to Apple Website it shows this "
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Picked Up Sep 22
Your trade-in has been canceled. The associated loan will resume, in addition to any payments on your new iPhone."

Has anyone had this issue before? I assume, the current loan will just show up without any issues? Obviously Citizens One is closed currently. I'll call them in the morning tho. Figured, I'd ask here incase someone had this issue as well with a solution?
I got this as well. Has to be a system glitch. I traded my phone in in person at a store.

_emanuel_

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2018
San Francisco

"iPhone Upgrade Program

iPhone 15 Pro Max
Picked Up Sep 22

I just got the same email an hour ago too.

andrewashe

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2020
Just got this email too and has me in a bit of a panic - this thread is my only comfort :) Would appreciate anyone else weighing in.

KoToNaS

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2016
Got the same email. I had upgrade program and traded in my old iPhone at the store. I guess it’s a glitch

Stacked

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
I woke up this morning to the same email. I traded in my iPhone at the store last September and my citizens one is showing a balance of $0 and loan status closed. If anyone gets an update on this please share! I can’t get anyone on the 1-800-MY-APPLE generic number in the email :rolleyes:

k2024

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
I also got this email and was freaking out this morning. Glad to see it’s not just me and this looks like a system issue. I pulled up my invoice and tried to add my iPhone 14 Pro Max loan on the same account as my iphone 15 pro max and was unable to add it. The email seems to have disappeared my inbox now but I’m seeing the below on my Apple Store app

Attachments

• IMG_8768.jpeg
    IMG_8768.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 24

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Got the exact same email last night. The main order page of Apple Store app says the trade in is cancelled. Tapping into the specific order page says my trade in is completed.

Citizen One loans do not seem activated. Tried to connect with Apple Support twice via iMessage and no one response.

Glad I am not alone and feel confident I can delete it as an error on Apple’s part.

thebrick

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
GA, United States
Same here!
I did a launch day pick-up in store and since they didn’t ship me the return box, I returned to the same Apple stroe the next day to turn in my old phone after finishing up the back up and the data migration. In my case, the order status still shows the trade-in complete.

Last edited:

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Also got this email, went into my order history and confirmed that it still correctly shows I traded in the old phone at the store. Glad to see the other reports, really does sound like a glitch. Hopefully they’ll send out a correction today.

stardlord2046

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
United States
Received same email. Trying to call apple and wait can be hours also using their text support, looks like a few customers has the same issue. I traded in the store, so the iPhone shouldn’t be lost. Unless the store lost my traded in iPhone

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
I got the same email, I haven't called to confirm, but I do not see the loan activated again on Citizens end. I also traded in at the store as I always do to ensure this doesn't happen. Seems like it is just a glitch since I doubt this many people even just in this forums all got our phones "lost".

stardlord2046

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
United States
I got the same email, I haven't called to confirm, but I do not see the loan activated again on Citizens end. I also traded in at the store as I always do to ensure this doesn't happen. Seems like it is just a glitch since I doubt this many people even just in this forums all got our phones "lost".
Just called apple, supports says because I placed an order online(pre order the phone) and I didn’t use the trade in box they sent to me, after a while I will receive an email says trade in is cancelled. They see my loan at citizen bank is closed, and they can see I traded in the phone in the store

kcslc

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2018
Plus one here. Got the same email. Panicked a bit but just gonna wait for the inevitable apology email. The phone support line said wait is more than one hour. So. Lots of people got this, methinks.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Just called apple, supports says because I placed an order online(pre order the phone) and I didn’t use the trade in box they sent to me, after a while I will receive an email says trade in is cancelled. They see my loan at citizen bank is closed, and they can see I traded in the phone in the store
did you even get a trade in box sent to you? when you pre-ordered did you select mail-in but do a in store trade-in instead? I know I selected in store pick up for the 15PM when I upgraded as I did for the 14PM the previous year and never got this email when I upgraded to the 14PM. I went to the same Apple Store for trade-ins.

starwager19

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2016
Same here. I traded my phone in-store. I did return it a few days after I picked up the new one but they said that was fine.

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2010
I knew if there was a place to find out if this was a glitch, I would find it here. Thank you Macrumors community.

stardlord2046

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
United States
did you even get a trade in box sent to you? when you pre-ordered did you select mail-in but do a in store trade-in instead? I know I selected in store pick up for the 15PM when I upgraded as I did for the 14PM the previous year and never got this email when I upgraded to the 14PM. I went to the same Apple Store for trade-ins.
i did selected mailed in for trade in, but used the store to trade in instead, i was afraid ups lose the trade in, then they have to open a claim/dispute for loss package..i had bad experience with both ups and fedex(fedex lost my apple.com order- an iphone), they both lost my expensive packages. there are two times i chosen ups pick up, and they force me to sign for the package then tell me the package is not found/they lost it, they let me deal with the seller, and don't even provide statement showing i pick up nothing(they said to my face, go talk to seller). so never sign for the package until you physcial see it. another time ups given me the empty box after sign for the package, i said there is a hole on the package and it's empty.. both time they let me deal with the seller, on seller side seller see i sign for confirm of receive the package... both item were purchased on amazon, amazon did reship the item for me. and i leave negative feedback on that ups store( own by 3rd party/not corp store, i guess some ups employees steals from work,they keep hire new employees)

Reactions: cthompson94
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.