Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skunk

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
A bizarre thing: when I wake my Cube from sleep, the mouse pointer seems to have converted itself into a black 1" square. As soon as I click in a program it changes back to an arrow. Anybody else seen this?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Is the square filled in or hollow? Could you have enabled VoiceOver in the Universal Access pane of System Preferences (COMMAND-F5 toggle) by accident? Maybe post a screenshot. :)

skunk

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
I couldn't get a screenshot. Voice-over is off. Last night, the pointer became a non-spinning beachball. Yesterday, it was like this:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 304

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Wow, that's weird. I've never seen it before but reinstalling the latest combo update from Apple and/or running the periodical maintenance scripts may help... Out of interest, does it happen in new user accounts? :)

khigs

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2009
weird pointer

recently when using safari, when move my mouse pointer over a hyperlink, the pointer changes. it's just the arrow with out the little line and there is what looks like the BMW emblem with it. anyone know what it is and why it is there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.