Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aeryn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
I subscribe to a lot of podcasts (~150) and have about 10 different smart playlists to filter them based on album title with one smart playlist that catches everything that hasn't been categorized yet. A cron job refreshes all podcasts at 5:00am daily.

This morning, I had a ton of episodes in the uncategorized playlist because the album field was blank. I find it unlikely that 10 podcasts, each from a different source, all updated their feeds in the last 24 hours to remove the album title. Not a tragedy, but damn annoying...

Any ideas? Seen anything like this before?

Thanks!

Running iTunes 9, all podcasts subscribed through the store.

Aeryn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Add another 12 podcasts that have dropped album names...this really effs up my smart playlists.

The podcast name still appears in grid view but I can't find a way to use that in smart playlists.

Is anyone else seeing this with their podcasts?

EDIT: Scratch that, they are NOT appearing correctly in grid view, they are all being dumped under one podcast (an HD video podcast) and in Finder they are all in an "Unknown Podcast" folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.