Weird Star Wars III DVD Name

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So I got the dvd today and on my desktop comes up as

CHARLOTTE_DISC1

See image

Anyone else have this to check if its just me or something else?

D

Attached Files:

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

That's wild. You didn't accidentally get a movie about a pig and a spider did you?

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

No - its the right movie - just weird.

D

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Wow, that is really weird, good catch! And it looks like it's not just a freak occurrence, so it'll be interesting to see what explanations surface once more and more people encounter the same thing...

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I'd guess it's some sort of stupid reference to something in George Lucas' past...some sort of really obscure Easter-Egg that they're hoping someone someday could possibly maybe have a chance of picking up (hypothetically). That or they ran 10,000 DVDs with the wrong master and are now in the process of kicking themselves. :p

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I noticed it too, not just you, maybe its just our midwest distro

8. zach macrumors 65816

zach

That's odd...

I vote with the poster who said it's an obscure reference to something, Lucas has to add a final touch ;)

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'll be picking it up in the next day or two... I'll report back if it's anything else.

10. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Pretty cool of a find.

Here's hopping that when I pick one up I will get the same weird DVD naming.

11. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Kobushi

Wow, you got it opening day? *cough* dork *cough*

J/K I'm just jealous. :mad:

(nice mod)

12. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

As Mr. Anderson thinks, "Now where did I put that BAN button?.... " :p ;)

13. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

My wife hasn't seen it - and I was shopping at Wal Mart and you can't help but not notice it....so I bought it. Besides, I saw it in the theater but I had really bad seats, so its good to view it at my own speed and see things I might have missed.

D

14. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I'll kill myself before I ever support George Lucas again. In fact, I will never buy another piece of star wars merchandise. If I ever have children, they will be barred from buying it as well.

George Lucas SUCKS at directing. He should have ahd someone else direct these movies, like Empire and Jedi were. The whole frankestein scene, not to mention the rest of the movie, is absolutely horrible. And let's not forget how many storm troopers are out of jobs because they had digital replacements!

15. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Couldn't agree with you more...

Phantom Menace was un-watchable... that kid playing Anakin was horrid.

Attack of the Clones was un-bearable... so, basically Darth Vader was whiny as a teenager. Wow.

Revenge of the Sith was the best of the three... but Lucas could have had Teletubbies dancing around in the original Vader suit and it would have better than the first two.

Anyone ever go to http://www.supershadow.com/... Lucas himself supposedly answers questions on there and some of his responses are just hilarious... example:

Priceless.

16. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I haven't seen Revenge of the Sith - so, in your opinion is it worth getting it?;)

17. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You think his directing sucks and yet you watched all three of his prequel movies? I would think if you found it that deplorable you would've refused to go see Episodes II and III based on Episode I. But you did. Why?

18. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

I can't speak for Oni, but I also think Lucas sucks... but I did see all three of pre-quels because it's -Star Wars-.

Maybe it was part nostalgia for the old trilogy, but a large part of me wanted to truly like, no love, the prequels. So, I saw the first one.. sucked. Well, the second one has to be better, right? Nope, sucked... just not as much as the first one. Well, the third one has got to be great because of Vader, man.. VADER!!! And besides, I suffered through the first two... I'm invested to the story now, it HAS to be better. And? It was... better. But the third one still can't hold up a candle to Empire or even Star Wars.

So why did I watch them? Because I love Star Wars... but I still hate the director. His pre-quels could have been sooooo much better.

19. emw macrumors G4

emw

Charlotte Fullerton was in charge of Voice Direction for a short film called Troops. Perhaps this is some kind of "recognition" for that, and there are other such "named" DVDs.

20. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Because I was PROMISED, by George Lucas, by Obiwan in A NEW HOPE saying: "Darth Vader hunted down and murdered the jedi..." So, I figured, okay, I just need to sit through these, make it to the third one, then Vader will take on the Jedi and slaughter them all. Do I get what I was told? No, ANAKIN kills children, and a bunch of noobs, but doesn't go after the actual Jedi MAsters and eliminate them AS DARTH VADER at all.

Instead, I get the worst "hmmm. okay, I'll join the dark side" decision, the "she's having TWO children, but, you know, she's just gonna die because her hearts broken," the stupid cameo of "Goodbye (wookie's name), goodbye CHEWBACCA." WTF?!?!?!?!?! And then the part where he breaks the arm restraints, and cries out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I lowered in my seat, rubbing my forhead trying to kill the headache of wasting 23 years of my life.

Damn george and his Lucicemia. "Lucicemia: n., pertains to a person who lives inside their own world, thinking they have complete control and everyone appreciates them. Also see: Shatneritis"

21. mpw Guest

His own arse up is he, hmm.

22. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Anyways, back to the original topic, my DVDs are also named "CHARLOTTE_DISC1" and "CHARLOTTE_DISC2".

23. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Actually, Obi-Wan's exact line was: "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father." So, if I were George Lucas trying to explain how I didn't break my promise, I would say that, technically, he helped the Empire, not that he did it himself. Of course, this line also contains the statement that Vader murdered Anakin, which we all know to be false, even without having Episodes I-III.

24. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

FWIW, that site is complete bollocks.

Look at some of the links:

SuperShadow's girlfriend

About Supershadow

consultant

:rolleyes:

25. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger