Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
someguy said:

- I overtighten everything. Everyone who visits complains they cannot open 2-liters or jars because I close them extremely tight. When working on vehicles or anything with screws or bolts, I keep extras because I strip them frequently. I've been known to twist lugs right off of vehicles by overtightening lug nuts to extreme lengths. Now, I do my best to trust the power of my impact wrench. :)

- Along with what cantthinkofone said, 70MPH is not fast enough. 85MPH is acceptable, though I prefer 90+. Call me unsafe or irresponsible, but I feel more comfortable at the higher speed and I believe driving how you are most comfortable is the safest way to drive - so long as you make sure not to make others uncomfortable (e.i. avoid changing lanes quickly, following close, passing on the right, etc).

im the same with tightening screws, bolts, nuts. i have striped so many bolts by over tightening them. im worried about the oil drain bolt on my TRX450r after i changed the oil last week. the whole quad virates alot and i really torqued it down, but it kept spinning, like it was drilling, and not threading :eek: . but i like things tight :D .

i found that 80-85 is the best speed for best gas milage on my car. 92 acura vigor. i get about 30+-. and i always flash my lights at people when im going over the speed limit and about to pass them. And no matter how fast i change lanes, i always signal. i've changed lanes so fast before(late for a date :eek: ) i swear both blinkers were on at once some times.

i also CANNOT STAND to see a pen that is opened, or clicked open. i work in for a chemical company (BrewerScience, Inc.) and when i go around to work on people's computers i always cap, or un-click thier pens. It just bothers me.

sobolobo

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
eMac4ever said:
My dad writes in capital letters all time. If something is actually supposed to be in capital's he underlines it.

e.g

BRITNEY SPEARS

Wow that's a weird one.

* When I come to a stop on my motorbike, I always put the right foot down despite being trained to always put the left foot down. If I try to put the left foot down I get scared that I'll lose balance. Always.

* When I get home after work/uni/whatever, no matter what time of day, I will always strip down to my underwear. I don't like having to wear clothes if I don't need to be.

* I have dated men of the following backgrounds - African, East Asian, Middle Eastern, Southern European, Eastern European, Indian, British, Irish. I love the variety and remain good friends with all my ex's.

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
- When I drink tea, and it cools off enough to drink straight from the mug, I have to tap the spoon 3 times on the rim of the mug before placing it down.

- After having a conversation, or saying anything to just about anybody, I rerun the social encounter over and over in my mind, sometimes reiterating the whole thing out loud to myself, analyzing facial expressions, the tones and temperment of voices, etc. This is especially so if I said something that I wish I hadn't, or if I was otherwise in an uncomfortable situation.

- While taking a shower, I always stand with my right foot forward, turning to the other side only to get the soap off. I guess it makes sense that I also snowboard with my right foot forward.

- After taking a shower, I absolutely MUST wash my hands with the water that comes down through the faucet after you turn the shower off.

- I find it painful to be listening to music and then to have the music cut off. It needs to fade out. I'll often lower the volume slowly until it reaches 0 and then stop the song. Maybe it's a musician thing.

- When cooking, I constantly wash my hands after touching different ingredients. I simply can't bear to have once substance on my hands whilst working with another substance, even if they're not unclean.

I'm sure there's much more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. :D

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
devilot said:
[*]I also prefer having a small night light on in the bathroom (and in hotels will leave the bathroom light on but leave the door slightly ajar) reason being I frequently wake up in the middle of the night and use the restroom-- it's easier on the eyes if there's only a night light.

[*]I HAVE TO fully close the cover on a toilet PRIOR to flushing since I read somewhere that each flush causes a huge mist-- that can be propelled to around 20 feet from the toilet itselt-- of the toilet water and whatever "goodies" are in it. :eek:....

As for my other habits, they sort of bug me if/when others comment, but I think they're relatively harmless and don't necessarily hinder the way I'd like to live.

^ same ^ (thanks, saved me some typing) :p

...and thankfully I live with a guy who obliges by my quirks just fine. :)

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Erendiox said:
After having a conversation, or saying anything to just about anybody, I rerun the social encounter over and over in my mind, sometimes reiterating the whole thing out loud to myself, analyzing facial expressions, the tones and temperment of voices, etc. This is especially so if I said something that I wish I hadn't, or if I was otherwise in an uncomfortable situation.

Yeah I do that, really wish I didn't. I find myself making reasons for why people act the way they do and usually they aren't positives...

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I've found another one that I do. When I stand near the door, I stand just far enough so that if the door opens it does not catch my foor or toes. (learned that from experience :eek:). I also tend to use more smilies than I notice, I just do it because.

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
Erendiox said:
- After having a conversation, or saying anything to just about anybody, I rerun the social encounter over and over in my mind, sometimes reiterating the whole thing out loud to myself, analyzing facial expressions, the tones and temperment of voices, etc. This is especially so if I said something that I wish I hadn't, or if I was otherwise in an uncomfortable situation.
I do this too, and it often makes the conversation worse in my head then it actually played out.

But Im still running a conversation in my head from last week....ugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.