Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
babsuvulawho said:
Looks like we're going to have to wait until tomorrow because I didn't hear anything today either. :(

well there's still hope! i haven't gotten an email yet, but i checked my order status, and it says that it shipped! i can't believe it! now i just have to wait for it to get here......still :( but at least i think i have progress

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
babsuvulawho said:
That's good news! I just checked again and mine is still giving an estimate for shipping date.

thanks. i'm sure yours will come soon. mine is on fedex and saying delivery of 10/11/06, so on wed. hopefully sooner though

babsuvulawho

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2006
Still not shipped as of this morning. I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my order. :confused:

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
Do you guys think Mac Pro ram prices will drop any time? I looked on Crucial, and it was $290 for a gig. Pretty expensive!

I couldn't find Mac Pro ram on newegg, as was suggested. They mislabled some SO-Dimm DDR2 ram as Mac Pro tho. Be careful.

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
babsuvulawho said:
Still not shipped as of this morning. I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my order. :confused:

Hopefully it'll ship later today. You may want to check your credit card status online later today, if the amount of the MacPro is missing, your order will ship today. Just take it easy, your patience will be rewarded. :)

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
gammamonk said:
Do you guys think Mac Pro ram prices will drop any time? I looked on Crucial, and it was $290 for a gig. Pretty expensive!

I couldn't find Mac Pro ram on newegg, as was suggested. They mislabled some SO-Dimm DDR2 ram as Mac Pro tho. Be careful.
It's going to fluctuate like all RAM has. Sometimes it'll be higher and sometimes it'll be lower. One things guranteed unfortunately though, we won't see that crash in RAM prices like what happened in '98 or '99 I think it was. They overproduced and had to clear it out. Hopefully as more MacPros get sold and more Xeon systems come out, we'll see the FB-DIMMs come down in price but that's far from certain.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
babsuvulawho said:

i'm sure yours will ship soon. fedex still says that mine is still in California :(

hopefully that's not the case though

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
twoodcc said:
for those of you that already have your mac pro, did the box come inside another fedex box? or was it just the mac pro box?

Just the Mac Pro box.

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
twoodcc said:
really? so they just put a shipping label on the regular mac pro box?

with my imac they put it in another brown box
Same here, just the MacPro box. And yes, they just put the shipping label plus another sticker with a barcode and your config on it.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
kered22 said:
Same here, just the MacPro box. And yes, they just put the shipping label plus another sticker with a barcode and your config on it.

alright, thanks for the info. i really didn't want my dad to know i bought a new computer, but i guess he's gonna know

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
LOL Well you can try to take it in the side door or something. The box itself is bigger than a G5 box, 60 some odd pounds too, so not very easy to hide.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
kered22 said:
LOL Well you can try to take it in the side door or something. The box itself is bigger than a G5 box, 60 some odd pounds too, so not very easy to hide.

yeah, i won't be there when it gets there, so they're going to hand him the box. hopefully he won't make a big deal about it though

nick9871

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2006
Mine sais that it shipped yesterday on Apple, but FedEx says it has not recieved the package :mad: . I paid for overnight :eek: . Oh well :cool:

babsuvulawho

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2006
Argh! Still not shipped as of tonight. I suppose I have to wait until Monday now. If nothing happens by Tuesday I'm calling Apple.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
babsuvulawho said:
Argh! Still not shipped as of tonight. I suppose I have to wait until Monday now. If nothing happens by Tuesday I'm calling Apple.

well i'm not much better. first it said that it shipped on the 5th, but now fedex says that it shipped on the 6th, and won't be here til the 12th

nick9871

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2006
I called apple and they refunded my overnight shipping costs. I felt it was not appropriate to charge me on the 5th, when the actual box was not given to FedEx until 7:00 PM today (the 6th). They were very nice and agreed. Mine will also not be here untill monday I guess. Unless I can intercept it at the FedEx center (which is close by) Tomorrow.

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State
The new boxes have the computer standing upright, rather than laying sideways. So, it is tall and rather slim (compared to the past boxes). Just wait until you unpack it and open the cover! It is truly an engineering thing of beauty! Just like its' predecessors, any 'buyer's remorse' you may have had will vanish like a fart in a wind storm.

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
Right on. :) I love the little box with the restore disc, manual and Mighty Mouse, keyboard underneath, take off that top foam piece and hello MacPro. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.