Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Just picked up a space gray M5. I had previously been using a 13 inch rMBP from 2014 with a i5 processor. I feel completely at home with this machine after only an hour. The keyboard takes about 10 minutes to get used to. Beautiful screen. Also got a Mouse 2 and the Apple 3 port plug in. My rMBP goes on Swappa tomorrow!! The space gray M5 was a refurb from Apple. Looked new to me!! Just checked the battery cycles and it was 5!!! Pretty new!!!

Last edited:

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Apple Refurbs all come with new batteries, so those 5 cycles are probably from the testing. Congrats on the new MacBook! I love my 12 inch MacBook (I was coming off a 2012 retina 15).

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I've had my machine for a little over a month and I absolutely love it.

I went from a 2011 11" MBA to a 2016 rMB m5 refurb. Mine was with 9 cycles and not a single blemish, which saved me over $300.

Screen is amazing, I actually love the new keyboard after getting used to it, the aesthetics are beautiful, and the power and storage is perfect for my uses. Enjoy your new machine.

cincygolfgrrl

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
Somewhere In Time
My college-student granddaughter got her first Mac yesterday, a refurbed m3. We spent the evening setting it up; she fell in love with the machine before we were done.

The only issue I have at this point is displaying context menus. On my older MBA and iMac, System Preferences>Track Pad has an option to change control+click to a "right-click," the rMB does not (unless it's hiding from my old lady eyes).

Ideas, anyone?

brookter1

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2015
My college-student granddaughter got her first Mac yesterday, a refurbed m3. We spent the evening setting it up; she fell in love with the machine before we were done.

The only issue I have at this point is displaying context menus. On my older MBA and iMac, System Preferences>Track Pad has an option to change control+click to a "right-click," the rMB does not (unless it's hiding from my old lady eyes).

Ideas, anyone?

In System Preferences, Trackpad panel, choose the Point & Click tab. There's an option for 'Secondary Click' with a drop down box immediately below it. Make sure the tick box is ticked and the dropdown box reads 'Click with two fingers' for the standard gesture; untick it for the old control click behaviour. You can also choose 'click in right corner' (of the trackpad) if you prefer.

HTH...

Last edited:

cincygolfgrrl

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
Somewhere In Time
In System Preferences, Trackpad panel, choose the Point & Click tab. There's an option for 'Secondary Click' with a drop down box immediately below it. Make sure the tick box is ticked and the dropdown box reads 'Click with two fingers' for the standard gesture; untick it for the old control click behaviour. You can also choose 'click in right corner' (of the trackpad) if you prefer.

HTH...
Got it. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.