Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
I want to exclude iTunes downloaded movies from time capsule. I couldn't find it in the user/music directory.

I downloaded a rented movie tonight. Time machine ran while it was downloading and made a 1.5 gig backup. I transfered the movie without opening it, and b*gger me, time machine did another 1.5 gb back up the next hour!

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I think they are in a folder called movies within the iTunes music folder, I would look but I'm on my phone.

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
Thanks guys.

Trouble is ~/Music/iTunes Music/Movies/ was empty as (As I had transfered the movie to my iPhone), but time machine still managed to find the reminants of the movie somewhere on the system (in a cache folder?) and backed up the whole 1.5 GB of a useles expired file!)

Oh well..

npaisnel

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2013
Thanks guys.

Trouble is ~/Music/iTunes Music/Movies/ was empty as (As I had transfered the movie to my iPhone), but time machine still managed to find the reminants of the movie somewhere on the system (in a cache folder?) and backed up the whole 1.5 GB of a useles expired file!)

Oh well..

I know this is an old thread..but for others as a future reference iTunes version12.4.2.4 also look in iTunes/iTunesMusic/Downloads I just wanted to find film hat was CURRENTLY downloading ..I used a great find app called EasyFind...better than Spotlight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.