Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Hello everyone, wasn't sure where to post this. I just bought a 320GB WD MyBook Premium.. well first thing i did was format the thing, come to find out the software was on the hard drive. For some reason WD doesn't provide the driver cd's with their packaging, so i'm like ok well i'll download it from their site...umm well.. they have all the software on their site BUT NOT THE MAC VERSIONS!!!! The only thing i'm interested in is the WD Button Manager software... i don't need the backup stuff. Does anyone have this software that they could send to me? Thanks.

clairejr

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2005
Have you contacted Western Digital? They might send you a copy of the software or provide you with a link for downloading it.

Claire

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I would advise you NOT to install the WD software.

The drives automatically switch off when you turn your mac off. But if you install the software this no longer works and you end up having to manually poweroff your drive.

There is very little benefit to the software.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Wow that link worked! I don't know how I missed it. I think mainly because the only thing I wanted was the button manager software, and when you click on just the button manager software, it's only for windows. Thanks a ton.

PatrickF

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Blighty
Wow that link worked! I don't know how I missed it. I think mainly because the only thing I wanted was the button manager software, and when you click on just the button manager software, it's only for windows. Thanks a ton.
Their site isn't exactly user friendly. I stumbled across this a while ago and just kind of remembered that they're there.

Never knew that the software would stop powering down the drive though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.