Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimothyStoll

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2012
ColorNotificationCenter
Corner-Volume
Deck
f.lux
EZdecline
FaceSlideR
iReminder
NcMusic
Popup Colors
SnoozeOrStop
SpotDict
WeeFlashlight
WeeKillBackround
WeeSpeedDial
Wraparound

(I know it's been several months since the last posting, but I just came across this topic today.)

Last edited:

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
Dimmer is really good. You can dim the brightness to a lower setting than the stock brightness. You can make the screen completely black, or just barely black. This is good for when you're using your iphone in the dark.

BuckeyeMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2012
I'm new to JB'ing, so I'm trying to get as many ideas from you veterans as possible

Tab+ (opens more than 8 tabs in safari)
YoutubeToMp3 (you can convert Youtube videos into mp3's)

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I'm new to JB'ing, so I'm trying to get as many ideas from you veterans as possible

Tab+ (opens more than 8 tabs in safari)
YoutubeToMp3 (you can convert Youtube videos into mp3's)

I recommended ProTube over YouTubeToMp3. But whatever you prefer! Just having options is great. I wanted to make sure you knew there are alternatives as well. ProTube allows for converting videos to audio files which can be saved to the phone. But it has a TON more features that to me, in my opinion, makes it the best YouTube app available. It's soooo much better than the stock app.

BuckeyeMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2012
I recommended ProTube over YouTubeToMp3. But whatever you prefer! Just having options is great. I wanted to make sure you knew there are alternatives as well. ProTube allows for converting videos to audio files which can be saved to the phone. But it has a TON more features that to me, in my opinion, makes it the best YouTube app available. It's soooo much better than the stock app.

What are these features you speak of in comparison to YoutubeToMP3?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I tried to copy and paste the features list in the ProTube cydia description but it won't let me. Them I tried to find that list online but I was unsuccessful. Your best bet is to just look them both up in cydia and read each package's features list. If you only want to convert the files to mp3 then youtubetomp3 will be fine. But ProTube allows that or you can download the actual video. it removes and blocks almost all advertisements. You can choose what resolution you want the video to play, 1080p, 720p, etc.

If alls you need is to download the file to mp3 then YouTubetomp3 is perfect. Plus it's free too! ProTube costs $1.99 I think but I use it almost everyday and highly recommend it. Plus if you own an iPad, you get a free copy of the ipad version ProTube HD.

Good luck!

Edit: I made a mistake. The app is $1.50 not $1.99. And the other thing I wanted to point out was that you can also download another tweak to go with ProTube called "Open in ProTube" so whenever you click on a YouTube link, it'll open the video in ProTube instead of the limited stock YouTube app.

Last edited:

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC

My problem with protube is the 20 min limit for Youtube to MP3. Does YouTubeToMp3 have a limit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.