Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
Really enjoyed reading this article about one of my favorite all-time songs, Wichita Lineman.
https://www.musicradar.com/news/gle...-4432-B979-C2261639F648&utm_source=SmartBrief

One night, in my last job, I had been working OT to finish a project and got it wrapped up at 6:30 PM (which is very late for a Civil Servant). I shut things down and headed for the stairwell to go home; that particular stairwell had closed doors at the top and bottom, but an extremely high ceiling with a beautiful natural reverb. I started singing "I am a lineman for the Countyyyyy..." as I walked down, kept singing as I entered the bottom hall, and noticed the main Conference room lights were still on, but dead-quiet. I reached in to turn those lights out, and the room was packed (on-base emergency I wasn't aware of), someone yelled, "Oh, it was Botch!" and the whole room erupted in applause; I was SOO embarrassed! Thanks, Jimmy Webb!

EDIT: I'd always understood that the simple guitar solo was done on a tenor guitar, with a very distinctive tone; but the above article said he played it on Carole Kay's bass (the instrumental in the first video in the article falls flat without that distinctive guitar/bass tone, for sure).

Reactions: pachyderm

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
A small island near Europe
The Wonder Stuff, The Eight Legged Groove Machine....X

Image 1.jpg

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
An odd photo of a "Butt Lube Store" (in Pakistan, but the sign was in English) brought this tune back into my cranium, I could still remember the lyrics of the third verse (bridge?) after all these years.

Reactions: Snow4maen and rm5

Davidtrancc

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2024
USA
Taylor Swift's new song is amazing! Fortnight
I used the Taylor Swift ringtones for my phone. To hear her anytime.
I love all of Taylor's songs and I love her too :p

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
CBS is always playing an Ozempic commercial featuring that old Leo Sayer song, "Oh oh oh it's Magic". Was wondering whatever happened to him so looked on Wikipedia, and that song wasn't mentioned. Checked EweTube...
After all these decades I learn that's not a Leo Sayer song, it was performed by a Scottish band called Pilot.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
"Albinoni Adagio," which was in fact composed by Remo Giazotto. Found it on the drive one of my music professors gave me at the beginning of the school year (that I'm still digging through!)

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
"Albinoni Adagio," which was in fact composed by Remo Giazotto. Found it on the drive one of my music professors gave me at the beginning of the school year (that I'm still digging through!)
Ah, I love the piece known as the "Albinoni Adagio".

It can also be found on my iPod and on my computer's iTunes.

Reactions: rm5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.