Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
I hope it will survive another year, lol! I mean, the 2011 MBP's are amazing (other than the GPU failures).
They replaced the GPU last year, so hopefully the replacement will hold up for a couple years. I pulled out the optical disc and put in SSD, so it doesn't feel as old as it is. Mine has the antiglare screen, which is okay, but I would appreciate a retina screen. I like the 15 inch form factor, so it is MBP or bust. My MBP hasn't gone in the obsolete pile yet, so I am still covered. As I said, I mainly want the better screen and I had planned to buy 5 years in, but I may wait another year.

Reactions: iSimx

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
An Astell & Kern MP3 player (among other things).

An Adeney Swaine Paternoster briefcase......

And, yes, a Bowers & Wilkins P9.....

All on my wishlist, and all unlikely to be fulfilled by anyone other than my good self.

In today's Times;

0b3e97b18688e73af77f4d6ae1d7ded8.jpg

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
The Automatic Car adapter, and iPad Pro 9.7 Smart Keyboard.....I know I will cave soon, Just wanted to see if anyone will get me any of these items for Christmas.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Have you dropped something that might be classed as a hint, or an appropriately leading suggestion?

Most of the world aren't mind readers..........

No kidding. The Blue Angles have always been around near my birthday weekend. At least for the last 15 years. I wanted to join the Navy back then and maybe even be a pilot.

Every year I'd tell my parents or girlfriend how awesome it would be to go. Every year I got something else.

Cobalt50

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
I want an iPad Air 2 but I don't really need it. I want an ABC watch but I likely could do without. I have two custom knives on order and they should be ready soon. I don't need them. I'll get the 2nd rev of the rMacbook sooner or later. I want that and I think I can even say I need it.

I always have a lot of things I want but I just put it off. Then I forget about them usually. If I don't, then I might buy. That's what happened with my new binoculars. Shame I'm not using them more.
[doublepost=1459999599][/doublepost]

Beautiful model. Do you have to remanufacture the parts to get them to work? Or are they good out of the box?

I got the iPad Air 2. It was a weird deal off of Amazon. The iPad the guy sent me was not what was advertised. However, the model was actually better. I got a Suunto Core. One of the custom knives arrived. I love that Core and I wear it almost all the time. The knife I have relegated to being a "user" and it functions well for that. I've bought a few other gadgets etc. since I first posted. I think the last thing was an Abus padlock that was high-end.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I'm after a Logitech Harmony Elite. £175 at the moment but was £129 on Black Friday. Missed that deal and now waiting for a further reduction.
cf800546993349010d7756a44af301c7.png

villicodelirant

Suspended
Aug 3, 2011
A new Mac.

I haven't bought one since Leopard.

As I have said multiple times, these days I find it really difficult to justify the extra expense for an MBP (including the TCO - i.e. repairs and longevity) rather than a Thinkpad or Dell for work.

Except that, of course... it's a Mac, damnit.
I don't care if a Dell does the exact same things for less.
The endorphines.

I want one.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Tetsy

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2012
i am trying to save but i also would like some new trainers and gym gear but its so expensive and savings must come 1st :(

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
a new Space Grey MacBook. My MBP is 4 years old. My everyday PC is 6 years old. The only latest tech is my iPad Pro and iPhone 6S. Really wanting a Core M5 MacBook today, my MBP is struggling lately not to mention that horrible screen resolution.

LotusLord

macrumors 6502a
a new Space Grey MacBook. My MBP is 4 years old. My everyday PC is 6 years old. The only latest tech is my iPad Pro and iPhone 6S. Really wanting a Core M5 MacBook today, my MBP is struggling lately not to mention that horrible screen resolution.
I'm not too far from this (though I'd probably get a new Pro, rather than a regular MacBook). My daily Mac is a 09 Mac Pro which is great but not portable. And the other, non company issued, computer in the house is a HP 8570p, a ~4 years old. Sadly any extra income is going to the new house fund, so the computers must wait.

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
I'm not too far from this (though I'd probably get a new Pro, rather than a regular MacBook). My daily Mac is a 09 Mac Pro which is great but not portable. And the other, non company issued, computer in the house is a HP 8570p, a ~4 years old. Sadly any extra income is going to the new house fund, so the computers must wait.

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to penny pinch and maybe get the 2018 MacBook. I'm saving for a house too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.