Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
Two insane purchases:

An Adeney Swaine & Briggs briefcase (which - doubtless I shall succumb to when I get my tax back…). It is not as though I don't need another briefcase - I have several, all flawed for different reasons, or, only suitable in certain situations…..

And, even more insanely, but I must admit that I just love the exquisite and meticulous and simply gorgeous design - the Geochron map/chronometer….
This is my all time favorite. A classic, conventional, elegant, reserved.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Ollé

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
Australia
An Apple Watch.

I'm torn, part of me just wants one because they are cool, but the more logical side of me says that the current iteration is too limited/relies too heavily on iPhone and I should wait for the second version before handing over my money.

#firstworldproblems, hey.

rhythmac

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
NYC
An Apple Watch.

I'm torn, part of me just wants one because they are cool, but the more logical side of me says that the current iteration is too limited/relies too heavily on iPhone and I should wait for the second version before handing over my money.

My thoughts exactly!!! I even placed an order on B&H, only to cancel it the next day!

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
The iPad Pro.

Hell, I even went as far as buying one at Target at 10% off, only to return it, unopened, a few days later.

I really want one, but to be truthful, I'm doing just fine with my iPad 3, and the $750 is, to be honest, better used elsewhere at the moment.

I did keep the Apple TV 4 I bought along with the iPad Pro as a consolation prize of sorts. $135, now that's an amount I could definitely afford to spend on a plaything for now :D

EDIT: Didn't realize this is in the photos forum, so... uh... behold the stock photo of an iPad Pro!

iu

Last edited:

c8rlo

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2015
FL
I really want to set up a desk to do school work in my room.

Would require buying a computer desk, an office chair, and a Dell p2415q for my MacBook Pro.

Also trying to save to move so I'm going to tuff it out doing work on the couch with my laptop.

similar situation, except all i need is a pair of desks to compliment the workstation i'm planning. current setup is w/(3) 23" displays running off my 2012 MM and the other is dual 19" displays running off my 2010 MBP...

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
An Apple Watch.

I bought one. Sold it for the logical reasons you've listed. Found another one for a really good price and am once again considering selling this one too....

goosin'

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
California
Gold Apple Watch Sport with navy blue wristband. My two favorite colors! I'm trying to ignore the killer deal on Apple Watches at Best Buy. I can't buy it. I have to save up for my trip at the end of the month! It's killing me!

Attachments

• s42yg-sbmb-sel-201509_GEO_US.jpeg
    s42yg-sbmb-sel-201509_GEO_US.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Reactions: LotusLord

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I'm torn.

Looks and sounds fantastic. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun for a while too. But is it worth my time and money where I still have Fallout, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and half a dozen other games like The Witcher to get through? Hmm...

Attachments

• sw bone.jpg
    sw bone.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 196

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I'm torn.

Looks and sounds fantastic. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun for a while too. But is it worth my time and money where I still have Fallout, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and half a dozen other games like The Witcher to get through? Hmm...

It might be best if you send me Fallout 4 :)

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
xk-1c-01.jpg

As someone that doesn't know how to play music, I have absolutely no reason to buy an electronic hammond lol. No reason. I think a 61key midi would probably be about as good for a beginner.

Thoughts? :)

navaira

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I bought an electric guitar, took some really cool selfies with it, then discovered playing guitar isn't easy, let it gather dust for a few years, eventually passed it down to my baby bro. His band put out their debut album this year.

drives.jpg

I'm trying to stop myself from buying a Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD. I REALLY don't need anything above 512 GB but the voice in my head says "who knows, OS X 10.12 might require 500 GB to install, better be safe than sorry!!!". And while I'm looking at 1 TB there's a link next to it that says 2 TB...

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
I have a Canon 5D Mark III, but I have been drooling over the Sony A7 RII. I may sell the 5D to help cover the cost, but right now, I am trying to resist.
81-rf9B7cML._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: puckhead193

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I am trying to convince myself not to upgrade to an Air 2 or Pro and pass my rMini 3 down to my wife and her original Mini down to our son.

goosin'

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
California
Gold Apple Watch Sport with navy blue wristband. My two favorite colors! I'm trying to ignore the killer deal on Apple Watches at Best Buy. I can't buy it. I have to save up for my trip at the end of the month! It's killing me!

It was hard, but I convinced myself not to buy it. However, my mom got me one for Christmas, something I totally wasn't expecting! I'm so happy I didn't buy one the first chance I had!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.