Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
talk about a thread revival, wow.

a. When Blackhawks fly overhead right in the middle of a good movie.
b. When people driving Humvees forget that they aren't in a civilian vehicle anymore and hog the road

just where are you exactly, and what do you do?

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Shrink wrap.

Bottles, cans and litter from fast food thrown in the roadside from cars.

Speeders. Not 75 in a 65, who cares. I mean 75 in a 30 on a two-lane road through a village full of people, their kids, pets and other domestic livestock.

Food containers made of types of plastics that most municipalities do not recycle. (why are they even legal, they are as bad a waste of oil as a plastic doll or plastic toy truck).

TV commercials. Solved by ditching cable service last year. And the TV.

Flash ads or any ads with graphics that I didn't ask to see. I don't let such scripts run but I hate them anyway. The funny thing is, if they were just text ads I wouldn't care if they loaded and might find some of them useful, as I used to do with hard copy newspapers.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Abbreviating words on text messages.

When people say "I could care less". It's couldn't, people! Saying that you could care less implies that you do in fact care enough to begin with to care even less.

Improper grammar and usages. (Too, to, two; there, they're, their...etc...)

Two slow vehicles on the highway that are driving right next to each other so you can't pass.

People who don't realize there is a passing lane.

Leaving the toilet seat up, and I mean the whole thing. The lid is there for a reason. Use it!

Leaving lights on when you're clearly done, and have left the room.

Slow golfers.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Blue-haired grannies that almost lay rubber pulling out in front you and then they creep along at 20 MPH.

By the same token, the old people that cruise down the road real slow on the curves and then speed up on the straight-aways, or step on the gas wen you try to pass them.

Very annoying. Sometimes I wish I drove a semi.

geekgirl

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2007
People who wear those bluetooth cell-phone thingys' in their ear. I'm sure it's convenient for the poeple who do, but I just feel that most phone calls are just not important enough to have one of these things in your ear all the time. I guess the next step is surgicaly implanted cell phones.

Absolutely agree with this!

Let's see...

1. Over-zealous forum Moderators (not here) who jump all over every single little thing that they think is off-topic, without actually reading the whole conversation to see how it fit into the topic at hand. This mod also deleted people's posts as being rude when they were not rude, but were offering extremely useful information. This mod often mistook constructive criticism for snarking, telling everyone that it would hurt peoples feelings, starting a forum war where none previously existed, then threatened to ban those who try to explain the difference between constructive criticism and rude criticism. In addition, this person would also tell others they were wrong about how to do something, and would jump all over anyone who tried to explain historically accurate methods, even if the person who posted the thread had asked for the info, because it might be off-putting to new members. It was extremely stifling, and made many people feel they couldn't volunteer any information, for fear of being banned. It would be like every PC question on this forum being automatically deleted without regard to why the question was asked, and then being told that you would be banned if you did it again, with no chance to explain. I did a little dance when I heard this mod quit (because people finally complained enough)!

2. People who snap or chew gum loudly in public.

3. People who constantly have a cell phone stapled to their ear, and who feel they must call someone immediately once the movie is over in the theater.

4. People who use the cell phone in a public restroom!!!!!!!!!! (the multiple exclamation points are to emphasize that this ticks me off enough that I can't immediately remove my finger from the 1). I am often tempted to make "explosive" noises when this happens... I usually just flush, to drive home to the caller on the other end exactly where their friend is.

5. People who treat waitstaff, custodians, and other people in the service industry like dirt. You can tell a lot about a person by the way he treats those who work so-called "lower-wage" jobs. There is no reason to go on a power trip.

6. Bridezillas. I don't think I even have to explain this one.

I used to have more, but it gets a little old being upset about a bunch of stuff you cannot change, or things that are mostly temporary (I used to have a list with about 90...).

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
5. People who treat waitstaff, custodians, and other people in the service industry like dirt. You can tell a lot about a person by the way he treats those who work so-called "lower-wage" jobs. There is no reason to go on a power trip.

I agree. It really shows up what their true character is.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Being late for anything and people who make me late.

In fact it annoys me so much that if I'm less than 10 minutes early I think I'm late :eek:

I beg to differ. It's pronounced "shee tsoo"

actually, that's mostly what i meant

basically being that the dog isn't pronounced like its after product, though there's plenty of that

joke: what do you get when you cross a bulldog with a shih tzu?

judging from how most people pronounce shih tzu, i'll let you figure that one out ;)

the guy who told me this joke was a man who looked just like bob hope and my wife and i told him so

turned out he was a bob hope impersonator and i should have known since this man looked and sounded exactly like bob hope and he had an amazing sense of humor

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
I agree. It really shows up what their true character is.

that is so true

there is nothing worse than someone who treats wait staff and retail clerks terribly

we are not in a caste system and the usa shed a lot of blood to get out from under the oppressive king george III, and that basic "lord over us" attitude that some modern dictatorships still adhere to

while i am not a general flag waver, i do hold a strong belief in equality and realize that there are many who think they are some sort of member of an evil monarcy/royalty and could do as they please without consequences

when i see it, i get right in their face and defend the wait staff

my martial arts training and one i admire (chuck norris who never raised a hand in anger) is the only thing that keeps me from going ballistic on them, that, and my religious belief

i do remember my pastor telling me that once a rich person was totally abusing a poor grocery store clerk in public...the pastor, well known and all in my tiny town, basically told the jerk, "before i was a pastor, i was the golden gloves boxing champion of 1965, or something to that effect"

basically, the shocked rich person shut the heck up

just north of me, steve jobs, perhaps in his stressful time of trying to turn apple around in the late 90s, snapped terribly at a grocery clerk, but the store had no tolerance for that, whoever he was, and tossed him out...too funny

The Doctor

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Chestnut Ridge, NY
i was going to write some of mine, but so many good ones have already been pointed out... i have ocd, so i also have a lot of pet peeves... being vegan, one of my least favorites are people who claim to be vegetarian, but really just dont eat red meat... that does not make you a vegetarian.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
People who put their feet on the dashboard or out the window of cars.

Oh, c'mon you've never done this? It's great to feel the the wind in your toes. As long as they're clean, I don't have a problem with it. However, every time I see someone cruise by with their bare feet out the window I catch myself subconsciously holding my breathe until the car's gone by... weird.

I'll throw in another pet peeve: The library ladies that whisper-holler at you for saying hi to a friend you happen to see in there, and then they turn around and carry on a loud conversation with the other library lady behind the counter. Rules don't apply to them I guess...

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
I have a few so just stick with it

1. People that ring and try and sell you stuff when your having tea or watching a really good war movie up loud
2. People that bring there computers into to be fixed and breathe all over you and try to talk you ear off
3. People that ring and ask constantly if there computer is ready for collection
4. Turning my bedroom light off in my bedroom when i clearly have it on for a reason.
5. People talking / smsing on there phones whilst driving
6. Not being able to go to the toilet with out being interuppted
7. having the tv up loud when everyone is trying to go to bed
8. raking up the back lawn in 4 degree weather here in australia
9. people that touch my cds, dvds and return them cracked / scratched or loss them
10. Want to have conversation via sms and not just simply ring
11. People who park ther cars on the road when there is a drive way clearly in front of them
12. People who have there speakers up at lans and have stupid music on that makes peoples ears bleed
13. People who try to claim or refraise your suggestion so it sounds like theres.
14. Mobile phones and stupid girls screaming during movies
15 being storied
16. Signing in to msn saying hello then never talk back or just sign off

** We came up with this term at work it means - Someone who tells someone something that they clearly don't give a crap about and continues to tell every person **

rfrankl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2006
1) People who call you up for info, then when you are giving it to them, they say hold on and let me get a pen. You should have that in hand already. You knew you were calling me for info.

2) Smokers who throw their cigarette butts wherever they want.

benzslrpee

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
- guys who shake hands only with their finger tips...wtf :confused:

- people who pass me only to slow down...i usually return the favor and give them the finger or whatever spare change i happen to have at the moment

- people who still think that someone behind you flashing their brights is rude. for the love of God, in almost every country i've been to that means "i want to pass" but only in America it's construed as "oh that ******* wants to fight!"

- people who ask me "is that a Mac?" no dumbass, i just took a laptop, painted it silver and stuck a white Apple logo on it

- people who complain that they are fat while shoving potato chips down their pie hole by the fistful

- nothing worse than some old Congress geezer who can't even set up his own firewall setting the rules that mandate the future of technology (or similar scenarios)

- people that would go into a store/resteraunt 5 min before closing with a list of demands

- people that keep sending you dumb programs on Facebook incessantly even after you ignored their first 8 tries

- girls that complain all guys do is stare at their tits and ass while wearing a low cut top and small shorts :D

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
1. Clutter, whether it be around the house or on my computer desktop -- it drives me nuts. My girlfriend and I are much different in that regard, and when I go over her house, sometimes I just have to clean because clutter doesn't bother her.

2. People use the word "ironic" when they don't know what it means. "Oh, I was at the mall and when I got there my friend was there too, it was so ironic!"

...NO! No, it's not f***ing ironic! It's a coincidence! There has to be irony for something to be ironic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.