Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
according to NewEgg this product is in stock. Although I presume that to be Korean stock. Still 5-15 days.

*21:9 Screen or 3440 x 1440 (60Hz) resolution may not be available depending on content, device, interface or graphic card.

If I am reading this correctly, as long as the computer supports it, this monitor will run in 60Hz?

I presume my full boat Haswell rMBP will do this?

rjbenson83

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2013
Atlanta
Does New Egg sell grey-market goods? They're a pretty reputable seller.

----------

[/COLOR]
according to NewEgg this product is in stock. Although I presume that to be Korean stock. Still 5-15 days.

*21:9 Screen or 3440 x 1440 (60Hz) resolution may not be available depending on content, device, interface or graphic card.

If I am reading this correctly, as long as the computer supports it, this monitor will run in 60Hz?

I presume my full boat Haswell rMBP will do this?

The one currently listed on Newegg is from a private seller in Korea. It says Sold and Shipped by Neofeel

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
----------

[/COLOR]

The one currently listed on Newegg is from a private seller in Korea. It says Sold and Shipped by Neofeel

Oh, right. I forgot New Egg started doing the Amazon thing and selling via third-party. I'm not a fan of that. I'll still buy from New Egg, but only from New Egg themselves and not their "partners."

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
I wonder if 3/10 is the date real sellers will have these or if it is only going to be these 3rd party ones that have popped up so far. I am still hopeful for a slight price decrease when it becomes available from Amazon themselves.

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
this may be old news to some, but I just noticed this same monitor is available in 29 inch. May be a better fit for my setup. The 34 was going to be pushing it.

copy-large07.jpg

copy-large06.jpg

copy-large03.jpg

copy-large01.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/products/lg/ultrawide/um95/specs/

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
this may be old news to some, but I just noticed this same monitor is available in 29 inch. May be a better fit for my setup. The 34 was going to be pushing it.

http://www.engadget.com/products/lg/ultrawide/um95/specs/

Good point. I was going to try and fit it into the corner, but the width might be an issue. I'll measure to see what I can do, or go for the 29" option. Thanks for posting.

34"
Set (with Stand): 829.9 x 172.9 x 468.9 mm
Set (without Stand): 829.9 x 82.9 x 379.8

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
here is more info on the 29 inch from the French LG site although most of the descriptions are in English.

http://www.lg.com/be_fr/moniteurs/lg-29UM95-ips-monitor

- The 3440X1440 UltraWide QHD display offers the sharpest picture quality. Its pixel area is about 1.8 times larger than an UltraWide Full HD 21:9 monitor, and about 2.4 times larger than a Full HD 16:9 monitor. It provides an efficient environment in using Microsoft Office programs showing 47 columns and 63 rows in excel.
* 21:9 Screen or 3440 x 1440 (60Hz) resolution may not be available depending on content, device, interface or graphic card.

- Thunderbolt™ 2 is a revolutionary cable technology that simultaneously supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices through a single, compact port. Users can now take advantage of transfer speeds up to 20Gbps and easily expand computing capability by connecting up to six devices via a simple daisy-chain configuration.
* A daisy-chain configuration may not be available depending on PC performance, interface or graphic card.

I can't find any specifications on dimensions, but based off other LG IPS 29 inch monitors, this one should come in about 27 inches wide

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Does anyone have any idea how this "4-Screen Split" feature works?
Is this a hardware feature (e.g. the 34UM95 actually looks like 4
individual monitors to the OS so the video card must be capable
of driving 4 individual displays) or is it a software feature (a software
driver that emulates 4 screens on a single screen)?

If its like their other monitors, 4 screen split is implemented in software that runs on windose only.

I have an LG27EA83D and if the quality of this new monitor is anything like it, it will be a great monitor. It always seems to be hard to get tech data from LG, don't think its even on their web page yet. Usually have to wait until someone reviews it to get any data. The USB3 hub integrated in that display does not work well with hard drives hanging off of it.

Last edited:

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Same issue I have. My desk is a corner desk and the 34 would barely fit. I have this exact setup in black and it is flush against the corner of my office.

4.JPG

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Same issue I have. My desk is a corner desk and the 34 would barely fit. I have this exact setup in black and it is flush against the corner of my office.

I have this desk in black but without the hutch (and all drawers instead of the CPU shelves you have on the left). The desk is flush to a corner and I can just barely fit two 27" iMacs on the desk next to each other.

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
cool, good to know. I actually have the drawers too, not the cpu space. Now we just need to have a firm release date. Looks like it got bumped out in Amazon to March 20th.

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
It keeps getting bumped on Amazon, I added it to my watch-list on Amazon and I've been following it. I think it'll still be awhile before we can buy it, especially from Amazon themselves or a mainstream retailer.

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
anyone find any additional news or reviews? I can't seem to find anything on the 29 inch domestically, unlike the 34

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.