Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrittQ

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
Just ordered the Griffin Wave for 3g iPhone. Free shipping + discount if you use "FIREWORKS" coupon code.

I got the black case for the white iPhone. I think it will look good because it kind of blends the black front and white back together on the sides and has the somewhat translucent back. Decent all around protection.

iphone3g_wave_2.jpg

2.jpg

HyQuality

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
NYC
question about all those slider cases:

how easily does the bottom piece come off? I don't want it to just fall off by itself all the time.

Kahunawave

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2008
Roll your own

I like the idea of the Sena Ultra Slim Pouch... a little protection when you are travelling, but it can still fit in your pocket and allow you to use it naked.

However, rather than buying one of theirs, I'll probably just make one of my own, so it will have a little personality. :cool:

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
question about all those slider cases:

how easily does the bottom piece come off? I don't want it to just fall off by itself all the time.

Well, with the incase slider (I have a matte black one on my 2G iPhone), it has rubber grips on the inside, and it actually takes some force to pull off. Sometimes, the top part doesn't want to come out at all, it's a very tight fit.

mothergoose45

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2006
I just ordered a Beyza Slimline case in Vintage Brown. Its hot. Looks better than any other case I have seen.
BZ015761.jpg

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
I don't think I'm going to get a case actually. Although I did pick up those anti-glare scratch protector shields that sticks to the front of the phone.

skierdb526

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
I also have a sena slim case, but dont know what to do with it now. I might not even use the griffin! I guess Ill have to see how scratch resistant the iPhone 3g is.

helloadam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Cumming GA
I ordered an invisible shield from Zagg and a set of the ipod socks off ebay. if i don't like this combo i may remove the back IS and get either the wave case or Elan Form cases after i read some hand on reviews. There is a part of me though that just wants to keep the IS on the front and let it get a little beat up to make it my own. I don't know yet, guess i'll have to wait till I have it to see.

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
I had ordered the Sena Ultra Slim Pouch and received it last week. I like it, and this will be what I use when I get my phone on Friday and until my other case gets here. However, I was a bit disappointed that it's more of a ballet slipper pink than a true pink in real life. I might try to dye the leather a brighter pink

2653954421_6cdd7008ef.jpg

I'm planning to order a Vaja case as soon as I know which color iPhone I'm going to get. I keep flip-flopping. I'd get the Griffin Elan Form pictured above, but I think the brown edge looks like crap, especially on the front next to the black screen. Why couldn't they have used grey?

Kahunawave

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2008
I also have a sena slim case, but dont know what to do with it now. I might not even use the griffin! I guess Ill have to see how scratch resistant the iPhone 3g is.

The beauty of leather is that it stretches...you should be able to stretch it to accomodate the tiny increase in thickness.

AC Rempt

Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
I had an incase for my first gen, but it fell apart, so I went with Agent 18, and have been very happy with it. We'll see what's at the Apple store tomorrow morning, but I'm inclined to stick with them.

The Griffin case does look pretty nice, tho.

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
I had an incase for my first gen, but it fell apart, so I went with Agent 18, and have been very happy with it. We'll see what's at the Apple store tomorrow morning, but I'm inclined to stick with them.

The Griffin case does look pretty nice, tho.

Ill be going with the invisi-shield from invisibleshield.com. Its military grade. I had it on my first iphone and couldnt scratch it if i tried. Also, if anything happens to it, they replace it for free. ALSO, if u want to show off your sleek new iphone, why cover it up with a bulky case??

bvolt3000

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
either the beyza slimline or the vaja classic retro slim bag

i like the vaja look more but the beyza has the bottom opening
well i guess ill decide a month from now when i get my iphone

brisweeney

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008
Dublin,Ireland
im waiting for my invisible shield to arrive, my macbook is covered and im pretty happy with it, gonna get an incase slider too for when im at work.

in the mean time my amazingly talented mother has sewen me up a hugo boss lens cleaning material pounch!:D go mom!!!! just like an ipod skin, but polishes it when you put it in, and it was FREE!

theotherrogue

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
At my Apple store, I picked up the Griffin Wave hard silicon case for my black iPhone. It looks great, offers great protection and is $25.
:)

Lenow

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Vaja ivolution Reused

I managed to get my 3g into my Vaja ivolution with the great rivet clip. It is a bit tight, but it works. Vaja is the case of choice for me, but I don't like the fold over ones they are showing now. Hope they produce the more minimalist case I have now.

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
I managed to get my 3g into my Vaja ivolution with the great rivet clip. It is a bit tight, but it works. Vaja is the case of choice for me, but I don't like the fold over ones they are showing now. Hope they produce the more minimalist case I have now.

Could you post a pic? :)

I agree. I keep going back and forth on ordering the SP, but I think the flap would bug me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.