Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
What colour is your iPod nano? What model is it? The 2GB or 4GB? Is the 2GB worth the money or should spend a lil more to get the 4GB? What are the pros and cons of the iPod nano so far? Do you like it very much? Any reviews? Any problems with it so far? Anyone lost theirs or have problems trying to keep it safe? Suggestions?

Going to buy, thinking of buying, or what don't post please...
Shipping on the way, Yes.

P/S: If there's any thread that is the same as this, please redirect me with a link and close this thread.ty...

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
There are numerous threads, but I'm not sure there are ones dedicated to only those who actually have nanos.

I have the 4GB black model. I would highly recommend the 4GB over the 2GB if you can afford it - $50 for double the memory is a great deal. The exception would be if you load the nano daily and really don't need the extra 2GB.

As far as black vs. white: I got the black and love the way it looks - different than the other iPods (except for the U2 version, which maybe 7 people on Earth own). I think it's visually stunning. However, beware that black shows fingerprints, smudges, etc. far more than white. It is impossible to keep the black clean for any period of time. Still, I like it. And, really, I'm sure I would like the white just about as much.

Sound is great - like the Shuffle, better than disk-based iPods (though all are pretty good but none are exceptional). Size is amazing. Accessories are, well, lacking, but that will change.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
White 4 GB. I recommend the 4 GB over the 2 GB simply because doubling the capacity is worth the extra $50... and white over black simply because the black nano is a total fingerprint and scratch magnet.

Either way you go, though, know that the nano's screen will be scratched if you even look at it funny. Seriously, I'm even wondering now if mine didn't ALREADY have some hairline scratches on it when I unwrapped it.

moot

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2004
in the great Asian wonderland
Just completed my order nearly one minute ago. This thread persuaded me to finally just do it.

I ordered the white 4GB. Unfortunately shipping time is October 21 to November4. :eek:

I am in Japan and ordered via Amazon. Get about $20 dollars in Amazon credit that way. Oh well, I'll just have to suffer and wait :(

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
I got the Black, unfortunately my local Best buy sold out of all the 4GB ones (white & black) and I wanted to get to the JET/Oasis concert we had here so the Apple store was kind of out of the question. Ended up getting a black 2GB one. Daaaaanng the nanos are friggin small, I'm in love with em though they scratch and collect fingerprints like a mother. I don't mind if this one gets scratched (my old 40GB Gen 3 is that way) because in the end these are all disposable for me, if it breaks just buy a new one.

d00kie

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2004
Ordered a white 4gb last week- order still in process <_< I hope they ship it out by Friday.

barbee

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2005
Black. The black one also outsells the white one. Only 25% of the sold nanos are white.

law guy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2003
Western Massachusetts
DarkNetworks said:
What colour is your iPod nano? What model is it? The 2GB or 4GB? Is the 2GB worth the money or should spend a lil more to get the 4GB? What are the pros and cons of the iPod nano so far? Do you like it very much? Any reviews? Any problems with it so far? Anyone lost theirs or have problems trying to keep it safe? Suggestions?

Going to buy, thinking of buying, or what don't post please...
Shipping on the way, Yes.

P/S: If there's any thread that is the same as this, please redirect me with a link and close this thread.ty...

Pretty strict criteria. The folks that have the 2 that don't think it's worth it will only be tortured because they actually have the gadget now. You may disqualify anyone who had bought but then returned. It would be interesting to know their story, although they admittedly will have neither the black, nor the white, nor the 2, nor the 4.

wjabi

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2005
Black 4GB

I have the 4G Black and I love it. I ordered it the day after it was announced and it arrived in 5 days. I have already connected it to my VW Jetta via a car interface and it works like a charm. My only complaint is that the finish is always smudged with finger prints and now it has hairline scratches due to rubbing against anything it comes in contact with. Even wiping it with a soft cloth seems to sratch the surface. White might not show that as much as black.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
black 4gb, but now i'm really wishing that i had gotten the white one. doesn't matter too much, though, because i slide it in my pocket 95% of the time. still, the out-of-box sexiness is gone now, and that sort of bites.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
White 2GB. I love it! 2GB is all I need. I switch out songs when I want. Plus I already have a 20GB iPod for all my songs.

Another bonus: I actually picked up a girl with my Nano!

fayans

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
MacRumors: Forums
asxtb said:
White 2GB. I love it! 2GB is all I need. I switch out songs when I want. Plus I already have a 20GB iPod for all my songs.

Another bonus: I actually picked up a girl with my Nano!
So what's her pick-up line?

Matt_vn

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2005
Fed Ex just brought me my black 4gig. This is my first iPod and I love it. I picked up the ulitmate ears super.fi 3 headphones off the apple store as well and they are fantastic, the sound quality is unreal with the combo of the nano and these. I am so happy with my purchase.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
WickedAngel said:
He had his Nano over his lap, looked down at it, looked back up, and asked "Like 'em small?"

Yep! Exactly how it happened. And then she said "It's so cute!" :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.