Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
sample-icons-1.jpg

With these, it's between 2 & 4 for me. Of the first set, #3.

I agree with the "no border" suggestion.

It looks like there's video with the pointer in the middle. Hmm...

candyman

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I like the third one here, but would be better without the gloss seeing as the iphone does this itself. If i were the OP, i would use that one and give you credit for it.

I just added the gloss to show the finished product look. The final design would not include that as it would be added automatically once it is installed on the iPhone as you mentioned.

I wouldn't be looking for credit on these either, just wanted to see I could help out!

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
I just added the gloss to show the finished product look. The final design would not include that as it would be added automatically once it is installed on the iPhone as you mentioned.

I wouldn't be looking for credit on these either, just wanted to see I could help out!

I think yours look better. :D

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
As I am not real sure about the specifics of your app, I'm not sure if any of these ideas might spark some interest for you. I just thought I'd share a few quick ideas I had.

I too think you may have too many boxes going on and as you only have 6 colors represented collectively, I tried to simplify things.

I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes but thought since you asked for our thoughts I might chime in with a couple designs.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/jscheiman/misc/sample-icons-1.jpg

3 & 4 are easily the best, and most related in terms of design.

OP, steal quick, before he notices :p

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
Horrible, ugly colours!!!!!

Seriously, do they have to be so loud and contrasting with each other?

vettori

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Italy, near Venice
^^^

Well,no I used different colors to represent "different" square objects but the color itself is not important. Any hint instead of use colors (or suggest a color set to use) ??

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
I prefer the original candyman's number 3. It has a more balanced look in terms of color and scale.

amanda1o1

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
ig go with number 5 with gloss ! and im talking about the orinal post with the 5 icons

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.