Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spintje

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Hey guys,

Brand new to the forums so excuse me if this has already been asked a million times.
I just ordered a 13" MBP for its portability, i will be doing a lot of traveliing with it, but when i am home i want to be able to hook it up to a decent size screen (21-23") for web editing and light Indesign and Photoshop work.
So my question is as follows, what brand should i go for and is there any particular models that people out there have great experiences with? I wont be able to afford a Cinema Display so please do not suggest this, thanks :)

Your input is much appreciated...

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Until I sprung for an ACD this week (sorry but it is totally amazing :)), I was using one of the HP 1907w monitors for about 18 months. Great quality and reasonable prices. Looks-wise its black and aluminium frame is a good match for the MacBook Pro. HP do them in sizes up to 27", I think. Glossy screen but I did plenty of web development and a bit of photo editing on it and found no problems. I'm actually keeping it as a secondary monitor to use with my powerbook.

Also, try the refurb store for an ACD?

spintje

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Thank you for your reply, i will certainly look into the HP screens, i have one at work and i am actually pretty satisfied with that both the design and performance seems pretty good for my needs...

Is it in any way possible that Denmark does not have a refurb store? I cant seem to find it anywhere...:confused:

spintje

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Thanks a bunch, doesnt look like there is anything in it though as you say. Maybe DK is just to small a country to have any refurbs? One never know if a ACD will pop up, ill keep my eyes on it. I still have a little time to decide on what screen im going for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.