Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meeebee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
A new AW commercial (see Chase commercial) shows what looks to be a fitness challenge app.

What app is that? It doesn't look like the standard workout app, since it shows the runner in competition with his buddy Joe :)09 seconds in).

I didn't' think the AW app has a competition component.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I bet it's a third party app... the logo doesn't look like an Apple design. I was thinking the app was called "Leaderboard" since that was what it said in the upper left, but I don't see a running app by that name or with that logo.

There are other apps that have similar competition features: Strava, Runtastic, Nike+ Running, etc.

jwby

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
Tennessee
A new AW commercial (see Chase commercial) shows what looks to be a fitness challenge app.

What app is that? It doesn't look like the standard workout app, since it shows the runner in competition with his buddy Joe :)09 seconds in).

I didn't' think the AW app has a competition component.

So, this isn't the app that was in that commercial ... but my company just built Rove (https://rove.fit/) for exactly that purpose. The ad focuses on head-to-head contests, but Rove allows you to do competitions with as many people as you want... You can create a "League" for friends, family, co-workers, whatever. It has a great Apple Watch app and it's totally free—would love to get your feedback!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.