What happened to Brenthaven bags?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Superhob, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Superhob macrumors regular

It seems most of the Brenthaven bags on Apple's website have a 5-7 days+ waiting period (Some as high as 6-8 weeks!). I tried going to their website Brenthaven.com and it's not there. Not even any cached pages from google. Does anyone know what's going on with them? :confused:

Edit: OK now the website works, but why such long delays for their stuff?

2. persianpunisher macrumors regular

I bet they are just on backorder, school is starting up and alot of people are buying laptops and the appropriate cases

3. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Brenthaven sites OK for me.I did try and buy a 15" Backpack at the Regent st store and they were out of stock I was told it was a supply glitch,I did notice longer shipping times on Apple UK.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I bought mine at CompUSA but I don't know where you live.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

All i know is that i have one for my 15" PB and its awesome. I can take out the sleeve when i don't bring it to class or i can just use the sleeve to carry my pb. its an awesome bag and i would recommend highly.

6. Superhob thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info Skubish. I've been looking for a [physical] place that actually sells them so I could try it out first. I used to have one for a 12inch powerbook and now I'm looking for a 15" powerbook model.

I know they've changed the design of the computer compartment on the newer ones. It looks like the computer protective portion is no longer a seperate "sleeve" but rather, it is integrated into the bag. I'm somewhat concerned because they seem to be selling one bag (the pro12/15) made to fit different sized computers and I don't know how secure that would be.

Does CompUSA stock Apple specific models like the Pro 12/15?

7. zach macrumors 65816

zach

brenthaven bags are sweet.. i'm looking at getting a fusion flex for my baby.

8. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I have this for my ibook. It is awesome.
    The compartment for the ibook is integrated into the case. For the Fusion that make different models for 12" and 14/15".

CompUSA has the Fusion. I don't know about the other models.