Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
I can't find it anymore. I need it to transfer some stuff to my external HD, but can't find it. Does anybody know where I can find it???:confused:

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
As has been pointed out several times, bring up a Finder window, then press the following key combination:

Shift-Cmd-G

and in the pane, enter:

~/Library

or

/Library

depending on whether you need the library folder in your account or the system itself.

renegaderon

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Show User ~/Library in OS X Lion

Launch Terminal from Spotlight or Launchpad -> Utilities, and enter the following command to show or hide the directory:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

The users Library folder will immediately become visible again. Reverting this back to the standard Lion setting is simple too:

Hide User ~/Library in OS X Lion (default setting)
This returns to the default setting of hiding the user Library directory:

chflags hidden ~/Library

Changes take effect immediately again, and Library becomes invisible to the user.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
Show User ~/Library in OS X Lion

Launch Terminal from Spotlight or Launchpad -> Utilities, and enter the following command to show or hide the directory:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

The users Library folder will immediately become visible again. Reverting this back to the standard Lion setting is simple too:

Hide User ~/Library in OS X Lion (default setting)
This returns to the default setting of hiding the user Library directory:

chflags hidden ~/Library

Changes take effect immediately again, and Library becomes invisible to the user.

Thank u so much, worked like a charm. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.