Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
this has been discussed like 40000 times since the first beta.

you can still access twitter and facebook quick uploads from any share sheet in ios 7.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
what is a share sheet?

when you want to upload a pic to facebook or twitter, you can tap the icon which brings up the share sheet, which looks like this. it wont do statuses but will do pics + caption.

05-multi-share-100054452-large.png

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
this has been discussed like 40000 times since the first beta.

you can still access twitter and facebook quick uploads from any share sheet in ios 7.

That really doesn't help those who used the share widget to update their status etc often. It is a shame for those who used it often, that it is gone. Was a nifty little feature. Esp for those who updated both Facebook and Twitter simultaneously. You could simply copy your status and paste it on the other share widget. I used it religiously.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
That really doesn't help those who used the share widget to update their status etc often. It is a shame for those who used it often, that it is gone. Was a nifty little feature. Esp for those who updated both Facebook and Twitter simultaneously. You could simply copy your status and paste it on the other share widget. I used it religiously.

i understand, but this is a close enough thing for people who at least want to post pics to FB or twitter.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
It would have been nice to keep the Facebook and Twitter shortcuts in the pull down bar I have to say. I used them quite a bit and can't understand why they abandoned it? It was quite a big feature when iOS 6 was launched and Apple put a lot of emphasis on it, I got used to it and now its 'officially gone'. Not the end of the world but it would be nice to have the option to add it or remove it by way of personal choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.