Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TillysWily

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Ok to got the jailbreak to work I did what a guy told me to do in another thread.
1. Backup on iTunes
2 restore to factory new and jailbreak
3 restore from backup on iTunes

My problem is when it was done restoring from iTunes everything looked good all the apps where there in the folders and all. Now I look at my phone 15min later to see how there downloading and there ALL GONE but like 6 apps. All the apps and folders except for a few. What in the world is going on and how do I fix this? Any help is great bc I have A LOT of apps in certain folders bc I'm ocd when it comes to how things look.

ckong

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
Try put the phone in safe mode to see if the apps return. At least one tweak I know of uses different files for the icon layout. Disabling all tweaks may bring your icons back.

You also might be able to retrieve the icon layout from a backup if you made one (like PkgBackup or extract from iTunes). Even if the backup is old, it's better than what you have now.

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
is it possible you may have some apps that have not been downloaded directly from apple?
If so, your appsync may not be working 100%, try a wifi sync

TillysWily

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I just resorted it again threw iTunes and it worked this time I guess it had a bug or something idk but good now

Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.