Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Today, I brought my MacBook to school, to compare to a Rev. D 1.5 GHz 15" PowerBook G4 with 768 MB RAM and 64 MB Ati 9700. When I open VLC, and go fullscreen (to measure fps), it goes fine. When I go out of fullscreen, the sound keeps going, but where the windows is supposed to be, I get a white window, nothing responds, and I get the beachball. The mouse will move allright, but nothing happens. I try Command+Q, nothing. Try to click the white menu-bar, nothing happens. I have to do a force reboot. This is the second time (first time was trying out RSS screensaver, then it just shuts down:p ).

Anyways, OS X just became popular in my class, but now they don't think it's so great. I believe it's because the Intel version of VLC is no as well composed as the PPC version, due to better experience with PPC. What has happened?:mad: :confused: :(

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
VLC often hangs / crashes on my G4 Powerbook.

It's not very stable, mplayerOSX is a bit more stable, but still, I'd like to see an oss media player that plays nice with Mac OSX.

Cheers,
Palad1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.