Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falconeight

Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Yesterday I had a face time chat with my wife and son, and it was great. I played 18 holes on EA tiger woods. I dropped my wives iPhone 4 and picked it up without a scratch oand I didnt have to put the battery and cover back on. I made a 3 minute edited video of my son playing soccer. And I still have 50% battery left.

Awesome phone it can't be touched by any droid or blackberry.

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
It's really nice to see posts like this.
Made my smile.

I had a facetime call with my friend.
Took some pictures of my grandma- you can never have enough :)
And just enjoyed my iPhone.

falconeight

Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
I don't know what phone the people that have nothing but complaints bought. My wife and imhave perfect phones and are really enjoying them.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
The antenna issue is annoying but pretty much everyone I know with an iPhone puts some kind of case on it which means they won't have a problem. To be honest I probably would have never noticed because I hold the phone to my right ear when on a call.

The screen is amazing, the camera is awesome for a cell phone, and OS 4 with multitasking is great. FaceTime works well, i'm just waiting until it gets integrated into iChat and hopefully the iPod Touch, then I would have more use for it.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Yesterday I had a face time chat with my wife and son, and it was great. I played 18 holes on EA tiger woods. I dropped my wives iPhone 4 and picked it up without a scratch oand I didnt have to put the battery and cover back on. I made a 3 minute edited video of my son playing soccer. And I still have 50% battery left.

I'm with you. Nothing but great experiences for me so far. I love it!

cwubbels

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2008
I'm surprised more battery compliments haven't been given. I used the phone for an astonishing 4hr xxmin yesterday and I still had 55% charge. That is incredible.

EDIT: Mispelling.

DustyLBottoms

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2009
I'm loving my new phone as well.

I've always wondered.

Why are the same Apple fan boys who bash Andoid, the ones that are so quick to bemoan the various "issues" the new phone has (which I admit some are having).

I mean, android has it's own hardware & software issues. Is it because Apple make both hardware & software? Is it because the products look perfect that we expect them to operate perfect?

I'm just wondering, anyone care to opine?

myphone

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
USA

Nice! Thank you for sharing.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for a positive post - they're rare gems around these parts. I love the video editing directly on the phone too -- I showed someone at work the video I made while walking the dog. Small little 45 second clip, but it's got music, transitions, everything. They were impressed.

Coworker that has a Nexus One played with my iPhone 4 for a few minutes and commented on how smoothly everything runs, and how much nicer the screen is than his Nexus One.

Yeah, I've got the antenna issue, but it's not a biggie to me. It'll get fixed. Meanwhile, it's a joy to use, especially upgrading from the 3G, which I thought hung the moon at the time. ;)

DustyLBottoms

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2009
Had a FaceTime with my wife while I was working my 24hr shift at my fire dept. It'll be even better when I deploy this sept. Be able to see my wife and 3 month old baby.

Thanks for serving man! Best of luck, stay safe. Don't be bothered by the stupidity of some people.

woosah

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
FL
I love mine, yellow screen and all. Why? Because it's effing amazing and I'm confident, gained through past experience, that any issue I have will be taken care of by Apple. Until that changes, I won't change my mind about them as a company or their products.

Happy :apple: customer

Chodite

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Baltimore, MD
My wife & 2 year-old kid are going to the beach for a weekend vacation while I'm stuck working. Her and I both have new iPhone 4s and will both have wifi. Really looking forward to Facetime this weekend.

ValientHimself

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2007
Chicago
Pleased with mine as well... everything is so much faster and smoother than my 3G, and the battery life thus far has been spectacular.

My phone suffers slightly from the antenna issue. My only complaint and problem with the whole situation, is the way that Jobs presented it as being an IMPROVEMENT in antenna technology over the 3G/S. While I do seem to be getting a faster connection, I think it would be hard to argue that the antenna is an improvement over the previous design.

That said, I talk with my phone in the left hand, with the corner in my palm, and haven't had a single call drop out yet.

BlondeBuddhist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2010
Thank You Apple.Honestly.

Let me start off by saying how solid and sturdy the phone sits in my hands.

I have a large hand and was concerned when I heard it was thinner than the others. Those concerns are gone.

The way Multitasking is set up works as smooth as silk on a babies butt.
The screen is almost impossible to describe unless you have used it yourself. I was reading "The Tao of Pooh" in my Dropbox and it wasn't straining my eyes at all. First time I can say this regarding reading on a phone.

SPEED! This thing is a rocket. They did a remarkable job with adding the A4 and the fact that the battery lasts longer is cellular bliss.

One of the best features is the camera. Not the front facing camera but the flash enabled camera. How in Buddhas green earth it produces the quality it does with only 5 Mega pix is beyond this posters mind. I took a pic of my son on his big wheel and the colors illuminating themselves was amazing.

I was a bit bummed when I noticed a small yellow line in the settings app but after just 24 hours of owning this gem, it has dissipated into oblivion. It's gone.

I couldn't be happier and am so glad I went with the 32gig. I plan on taking many pics and videos with this piece of technological mastery. Thank you Apple.

Blonde Buddhist

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I did something else on my iPhone 4 this morning that wouldn't have happened on any other phone either. I was driving into work and called my boss to tell him I was going to be late for an important meeting. However, apparently I was holding the phone in a non-approved manner. So, the bars dropped and so did the call - mid-sentence. Great!

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
I'm definitely impressed with the overall quickness of the phone. But the battery life is great! Usually by this time of day my 3G battery was about 50% gone. The 4 isn't even 25% drained yet! Heck it was just about worth the upgrade for the battery life and the screen alone!

But my favorite thing about it is the hd video! I love recording my 3 year old! I missed so much of my 14 and 9 year olds lives as I was on active duty. It just puts a smile on my face to be able to pull up a video of my 3 year old say "love you daddy" it's definitely going to get me through the rough days!

greexican

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2008
Thanks BlondeBuddhist!!!!

Thanks for making me feel welcomed very nice of you:), been a member for a couple of years!

ValientHimself

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2007
Chicago
I did something else on my iPhone 4 this morning that wouldn't have happened on any other phone either. I was driving into work and called my boss to tell him I was going to be late for an important meeting. However, apparently I was holding the phone in a non-approved manner. So, the bars dropped and so did the call - mid-sentence. Great!

Gee, it took 22 comments to get a snarky comment such as that on this thread... I would have thought it would have been much sooner, so at least you managed to restrain yourself for awhile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.