Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
Completely random comment, but I don't feel lik dredging up one of the old "wish list" threads.

I was just sitting here doing some hardcore web surfing with my (two-button) mouse, and I had a few thoughts re: contextual menus:

1) I want the Services menu duplicated in my contextual menus. In particular, I like the Google service (don't remember where I got it). How cool would it be to be able to highlight, right-click, and google without hardly moving the mouse?

2) Omniweb's contextual menus bug me in that "Copy" is never a choice when you've highlighted text. It just assumes you want to do something with the page you're on.

3) (THE BIG ONE) I have no idea if this is technically feasible, but what if we could customize conextual menus ourselves, much as e can toolbars? Might not work in every app, but I would think it might be possible in Cocoa at least. And it would be a perfect way to show off the helpfulness of the new two-button Apple mouse, right? :D

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
If they're going to drop OS 9 and it's speed benefits, then X better get fast quick to make up for it. That's all I want: SPEED! (In OS X of course :D)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.