What I'd like to see in 10.2

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cleo, May 6, 2002.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2002
    Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
    Completely random comment, but I don't feel lik dredging up one of the old "wish list" threads.

I was just sitting here doing some hardcore web surfing with my (two-button) mouse, and I had a few thoughts re: contextual menus:

1) I want the Services menu duplicated in my contextual menus. In particular, I like the Google service (don't remember where I got it). How cool would it be to be able to highlight, right-click, and google without hardly moving the mouse?

2) Omniweb's contextual menus bug me in that "Copy" is never a choice when you've highlighted text. It just assumes you want to do something with the page you're on.

3) (THE BIG ONE) I have no idea if this is technically feasible, but what if we could customize conextual menus ourselves, much as e can toolbars? Might not work in every app, but I would think it might be possible in Cocoa at least. And it would be a perfect way to show off the helpfulness of the new two-button Apple mouse, right? :D
  2. mc68k macrumors 68000

Apr 16, 2002
    If they're going to drop OS 9 and it's speed benefits, then X better get fast quick to make up for it. That's all I want: SPEED! (In OS X of course :D)