Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
Real Racing
Read It Later (I like this better than instapaper, really hope they come out with an iPad app as soon as it's released)
LogMeIn Ignition (I really hope I don't have to buy this again)
Harbor Master (I like this better than flight control)
hmm, I dunno, I might get plants v zombies

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
After seeing everyone else's list, I have to add some more.

1. Things
2. BigOven
3. Wordpress

I see I'm already at about $50 already just in apps.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Pages ($10)
Keynote ($10)
Twitterrific (free)
iBooks (free)
Yahoo! (free)
Worms (?)
Plants Vs. Zombies (?)
Real Racing ($10)
Labyrinth 2 ($8)
Flight Control ($5)

5 apps, 5 games. :D (plus random spontaneous purchases)

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
I went to my local costco today and grabbed $120 in itunes cards for 20% off, plus I have a free $10 itunes card from LexisNexis, so I am stocking up for the following apps (plus any other content I want, like movie rentals, etc):

Pages
Keynote
Numbers
Sudoku
BigOven
Omnisketcher
Reuters
Bento (probably)
Brushes
SketchStudio
NY Times

And when they release...

Zinio
Kindle
MacGourmet (so excited about this one)

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Probably just pages at first. Then I will wait to see what people have to say about the other apps. When most of the apps are >$10 I'd like to see a review first. But I will be looking at OmniGraffle, iMockups, and i'll probably end up getting Keynote.

G4R2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2006
I believe I saw somewhere that there was a GeoDefense HD

My list:

MLB At Bat
Pages
Flight Control or Harbor Master
GeoDefense

Nice- I think that type of game would really benefit from the larger screen.

I also neglected to mention that I'd like to see what the NY Times app is like.

Eye4Desyn

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
U, S, and A
iPad specific apps
1. Keynote
2. Pages
3. Numbers
4. iBooks
5. Panelfly - haven't read a comic book since I was a teenager, but wow!
Comic books look like they're going to be amazing on iPad :D

iPhone apps I own that I'll port to iPad until HD/XL versions are available
1. MobileMe iDisk
2. Autodesk SketchBook Mobile
3. Awesome Note/ANote
4. Billings
5. Quickoffice
6. CurCon (currency converter)
7. Flight Track
8. Kayak
9. Where
10. Scrabble
11. Battleship

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
For sure:

1. MLB At Bat
2. Pages
3. iBooks

Looking forward to see what EA Sports games will be available too.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)

That looks really, really useful for my Tax LLM classes. I have hundreds of pages of docs that I end up printing out so that I can highlight and make hand notations in them for class (it helps me retain better than highlighting in Word). Also, the profs require hard copies if you want to bring them into an exam, so I could always print out what I need to before exams. That will save my arm from having to lug around 4 inch binders all the time to get my classwork done!

TheCheapGeek

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I am definately interested in the iWork apps. but I hope to soon be able to buy

Dropbox
SimCity
Tweetie2
1password
Eyetv
istat
weightbot
and a bible app

Make them and I will buy.

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
MLB app: I hope its released on day one since it was demoed at the ipad introduction

Sim City: I hope there is an ipad optimized version soon! It seems the perfect game to play on an ipad.

A Chess Game: hope to find a good one somewhere, think ipad will be a great interface for chess

Scrabble: again, great interface for playing scrabble I think

A Paint program: imagine how much more fun this will be with the big screen

A Comicbook reader

Pages

ibooks

Jeremy.Gray

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2009
Maine
iBooks
Pages
Plants vs Zombies HD
and maybe MLB at Bat (I think that's what's it called, but it really depends on whether or not it'd black out Red Sox games for me as I am in Maine. And I have a feeling it will.)

The first three apps though are no-brainers for me. And I'm sure I'll get a ton more in the first few weeks just because I'm a terribly impulsive App Store browser.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I'm getting the 64Gb 3G version and am trying not to go nuts. So, I've made a list of the apps that I want to buy and have ready once they ship the 3G models.

1. Bento
2. Numbers
3. Pages
4. iBooks
5. Plants Vs Zombies
6. Flight Control HD
7. Fieldrunners
8 Comic Book Lover (hopefully)

I think Comic Book Lovers Ipad app won't be out for a bit later, BTW I have'nt purchased the main comic book lover Database app, so I'm still dealing with the Watermark, Do you know if any scrapers work with it? It's a pain to have to enter all the data when you have a huge collection. I've ben staying with Comic Rack for the PC just because it will use scrape the data from Comicvines.

darhorn

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2006
I think Comic Book Lovers Ipad app won't be out for a bit later, BTW I have'nt purchased the main comic book lover Database app, so I'm still dealing with the Watermark, Do you know if any scrapers work with it? It's a pain to have to enter all the data when you have a huge collection. I've ben staying with Comic Rack for the PC just because it will use scrape the data from Comicvines.

i THINK that comic zeal ipad app is due out for launch day, and that is one of my favorites on the iphone.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
i THINK that comic zeal ipad app is due out for launch day, and that is one of my favorites on the iphone.

Sadly it's not.

Twitter from developer @bitolithic : "CZ 4 is going to miss the iPad launch. In a related request, Apple, can you please stop providing your app feedback as cryptograms?"

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN

I don't think it can do that. That would be great of it could. They do have a Meta Data Format to help Devs share the info between apps and platforms. It's called ComicBookInfo. I don't know if anyone is using it yet. I'm going to send a question to them and ask if it is possible to use Comic Vines.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
I think everybody should wait as long as possible, there's going to be a lot of more polished applications coming out within the next few months and the price drops that'll occur as well. We all know that the developers are going to try to price pretty high on day one to get all of us on the "impulse" purchases.

I'm getting:

Free
1) Twitterific
2) The Pinball
3) iBooks
4) Constitution for iPad
5) BigOven (i'm not sure if its really free)
6) Reuters Pro
7) Pages

The maybe or impulse possibles
1) Flight Control HD
2) FieldRunners
3) Brushes
4) Mondo Solitaire
5) Sudoku Real Edition
6) Sparkle HD
7) Comic Zeal 4
8) Keynote
9) Numbers

Definitely not, but really want to and will wait for price drops
1) OmniGraffle

shujin

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2006
Pages
Masters Live (but if there isn't an HD one I might not)
facebook
Remote (A must have)
ScoreCenter (Another must have)
Engadget
Pandora (Another must have)

I will also probably look through some games too. I am not a huge iPhone gamer but the iPad could change my outlook on touch interface gaming.

RebelRed

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2010
The couple must-haves for me:

• Pages
  • Bento
  • Sudoku (probably since it's like $3)

I'm debating that medical program ($10) and Reuters.

Thought about a Facebook app, but then wondered why I'd need it when I have a browser. Makes no sense unless I'm missing something.

Numbers/Keynote eventually too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.