Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Finding you're comfortable with most aspects of your life, and quite able to deal with everything you're not comfortable with.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
Unlimited horsepower?

Or I'll just settle for seeing the smile on my 3 year old son's face on Christmas morning.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Thanks everybody! Any other opinions on happiness?
I believe living in true and lasting happiness is the ultimate goal of everybody. Once your needs of shelter, clothing and nourishment are met, attaining happiness is as easy as adjusting your mental attitude, and anyone can achieve this. I think most people feel you need a significant other or material possessions to obtain lasting happiness, but that is not true.

I've come to believe you can be happy right now just by making the mental effort to be happy. The first, of course, is to be grateful, something Oprah harps about constantly on her show. What can I say, I'm an Oprah fan. :)

Many people believe that the most important reason to live is to be happy. However, happiness differs among everybody, as different things make different people happy. So my question to you is what makes you happy? How can happiness be achieved? Are you happy? (please be as thorough in your explanation as you'd like).
You signed up a new name and haven't logged on since your last post. Are you a shy forum regular? ;)

ps. I found this thread by mistake searching for the terms "kills" and "ugly". :(

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Happiness is a good meal, a good nap and a good crap... its a quote from somewhere but I can't remember from where.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
I believe Freud said Happiness is Love and Work. I somewhat agree. I find happiness in purchasing items with my hard earned money (ie. 2 Macbooks) instead of having others (ie. parents) purchase them for me.

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
Did I forget dopamine?
That is what causes the little ecstatic moments of life.

I dont know.... But I think happiness can be achived with these 3 medications.

wellbutrin_xl.jpg

AND...
prozac.gif

OR...

e_dolphins.jpg

AND...

50_cocaine_powder.jpg

:D

i do not condone drug use in any way.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.