Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
LMAO how long did it take you to come up with this scheme and what were you aiming to become, some sorta rumor superstar?? In a hugely hilarious and ironic twist if you use your current iPhone to tap and enlarge the image you can CLEARLY distinguish the blurriness of the metal bezel on the right-side image --- the so-called "could-this-really-be-IT?" ultimate photo leak! And yes while it is admitted that the image was enlarged, that's the full and pathetic extent of it --- somebody's lame attempt to take a gen1 iPhone and manipulate the image to create unnecessary and unwarranted buzz within this forum! IT'S THE SAME FREAKIN' PHONE (both images), PEOPLE!! So consider yourself BUSTED, partna!!!

I am, however, awestruck at the size of your balls for tryna sneak this one pass us.

O-M-F-G!!! You totally figured me out! You're just so smart, aren't you?
So I assume all of the other people who have said "oh, I have that too" are also in on my big scheme? I'm only 15, but I think I have every right to tell you to GROW UP!

EDIT: Oh yeah and I forgot to mention Engadget is in on it too. "We looked ourselves and it's definitely there."

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
LOL well this didn't take too long now did it??? This is insane lol, after what? an hour of them updating the SDK??? Seriously lol wow.

I think this is very probable for the new iPhone, it makes perfect sense and coincides with all the rumors. As for the front camera, I think it is there but will be hidden under the glass, so don't freak people! Apple may have made mistakes before, but not putting a front camera and iChat on the new 3G iPhone would be an IMMENSE MISTAKE!

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
LOL well this didn't take too long now did it??? This is insane lol, after what? an hour of them updating the SDK??? Seriously lol wow.

I think this is very probable for the new iPhone, it makes perfect sense and coincides with all the rumors. As for the camera, I think it is there but will be hidden under the glass!

Actually, I have only the 1st beta of the SDK. Another user says its also in the 3rd or 4th version too, but apparently it has been either moved or removed from the 6th beta.

frijole

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2005
i took the next size up of both icons, and scaled them down to match. the originals are on the left, the scaled icons are on the right.

the iPod touches line up perfectly. the spacing between the top, the screen, the button, etc. the bezel color is off a little, but that's understandable from scaling and the gradient they put on there.

however, the alignment of the phone elements do not. the spacing from the top to the speaker is different, the button is a different size, etc, and the bezel is more substantially different in shape and color.

Attachments

• iPhoneicon.png
    iPhoneicon.png
    22 KB · Views: 711

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Actually, I have only the 1st beta of the SDK. Another user says its also in the 3rd or 4th version too, but apparently it has been either moved or removed from the 6th beta.

Oooohh. Taking that into account I don't know how valid this is then, HOWEVER, I think that is really what the new one is going to look like anyway pretty much.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
I think there is a dedicated team of two guys at Apple monitoring forums for when Easter Eggs are discovered.

The good news is they are laughing their a$$ off at us for not discovering 2-3 things yet.

The bad news is they cannot go to the tavern until we DO find them. :)

Rocketman

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
As for the front camera, I think it is there but will be hidden under the glass, so don't freak people!

Dope-slap the questioners. It's the obvious answer. Just like the camera that I know is top and center of my iMac is there even if I can't see it.

Damn... Apple's great at hiding cameras...

the CIA should hire some Apple engineers to design hidden cameras.

viggen61

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
New Jersey
It's just a smaller version of the same icon. Apple pays people to touch up these icons to that they look good at all resolutions. The "thicker" sides on the screen are there just so they look good when you're displaying that 128x128 icon.

I mean, seriously, if that is the "new" iPhone, then icon 5 - the 16x16 one just has to be the iPhone Nano... :D

Oh - and in SDK beta 5 the file is now iPhoneOS.icns.

bucky

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2004
I agree that this is not an image of the new iphone. It looks to me like it is just a photoshop error of somebody over at apple while making the icon. I work in the advertising business and product shots are heavily manipulated in photoshop before going to the web. The images are similar enough that it is probably the current iphone.... at least this gives me something to read while waiting for details on the real phone :)

jhamerphoto

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
who actually cares what it looks like?
we all know it's going to be almost identical to the new iPhone.
Apple only completely reinvents an image of something once it's been updated several times, and the iPhone is yet to do that.
even look at how long the classic iPod look has lasted. sure it go thinner etc, but that's just from new hardware.
in all actuality, iPods only change now to make current owners want a new one, seeing as almost everyone has one.
not everyone has an iPhone, so they'll still ride along the current iconic iPhone.

why fix it if <s>it aint broke</s> it's an apple product? :p

EDIT: apparently I can't strikethrough...and i meant the current iPhone in the second line... -_- bed time, i guess.

chuckles:)

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2006
CANADA

I think this is very probable for the new iPhone, it makes perfect sense and coincides with all the rumors. As for the front camera, I think it is there but will be hidden under the glass, so don't freak people! Apple may have made mistakes before, but not putting a front camera and iChat on the new 3G iPhone would be an IMMENSE MISTAKE!

I don't think it would be a mistake at all. I've seen video conferencing on cellphones before, and its quite useless. Mobile phones are used primarily in places where you need your eyes to be focused on something other that the screen, while driving, walking or working for example. In any of these situation, it just doesn't make sense. As well, video chat on a phone means that you have to hold the phone out in front of your face to talk. This has several negative effects. It makes you look funny to anyone who sees you. The sound is worse through the speakerphone. The mic will pick up background noise. And if you have to talk for a prolonged amount of time, your arm would get tired. Video chat works great on computers, but there are just too many obstacles for it to work on mobiles.

by the way, i think the icon is just some bad image work, but the 3G iphone probably wont deviate too far from the current design, so it could be close to what we'll see.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

ArtOfWarfare said:
As for the front camera, I think it is there but will be hidden under the glass, so don't freak people!

Dope-slap the questioners. It's the obvious answer. Just like the camera that I know is top and center of my iMac is there even if I can't see it.

Damn... Apple's great at hiding cameras...

the CIA should hire some Apple engineers to design hidden cameras.

See, what you're forgetting is the case manufacturer specs that have leaked. The cases would still have to leave the camera exposed, so if they're also real, then the camera would have to be in the exposed slot in the case designs.

jW

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
in regards to the front facing camera (under the glass), don't forget Apple had a patent a few years ago that was a camera made out of many sensors placed between the pixels using software to combine all the images into one large image! How about them Apples!? :apple:

-Steve

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/26/apple-patent-embeds-thousands-of-cameras-among-lcd-pixels/

Posted April 26, 2006
"Apple goes on to suggest portable uses for the technology, such as employing the displays in cellphones and PDAs, so you can add another item to the list of features we'll be expecting from the iPhone and Newton 2.0 when they finally hit stores."

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
in regards to the front facing camera (under the glass), don't forget Apple had a patent a few years ago that was a camera made out of many sensors placed between the pixels using software to combine all the images into one large image! How about them Apples!? :apple:

-Steve

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/26/apple-patent-embeds-thousands-of-cameras-among-lcd-pixels/

Posted April 26, 2006
"Apple goes on to suggest portable uses for the technology, such as employing the displays in cellphones and PDAs, so you can add another item to the list of features we'll be expecting from the iPhone and Newton 2.0 when they finally hit stores."

I will make sure I get the 2 year warranty if they do this. Sounds like an expensive screen to me.

mr.suff

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2006
Leeds
<snip>
why fix it if <s>it aint broke</s> it's an apple product? :p
<snip>
<sarcasm>
Yeah, just like they haven't changed the nano in three generations, and how the mini was the exact same.
<sarcasm>

I think Apple will need to change the design quite a bit, as most non technologically aware consumers will just think it's the same iPhone and not get the new one if they have the 1G.
I personally couldn't care less, each time I get my iPhone out to use it I just admire it's design and build quality, no other phone I've had got me doing that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.