Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Messing around with random keyboard commands, I came upon some kind of volume bar... press on your keyboard: Option + Command + up/down keys

The volume changes, but not as much as the regular volume keys do. Any idea what this is?

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Do you mean the up/down arrows or the volume up/down buttons? I don't seem to be able to recreate whatever it is that you're doing. What app is listed in the menu bar when this happens?

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
p0intblank said:
Messing around with random keyboard commands, I came upon some kind of volume bar... press on your keyboard: Option + Command + up/down keys

The volume changes, but not as much as the regular volume keys do. Any idea what this is?
I tried that key combo with the arrow keys and the volume keys and it did nothing related to volume. But I am running 10.3

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Actually yes, I do. :p So what does this feature do exactly? Here's a screenshot if anyone is interested...

Attachments

• sizz.jpg
    sizz.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 84

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
That bizel is not the Apple standard bizel for volume control.

What extensions are loaded into the bottem of your System Prefrences?

Do you have any sound extensions under the Sound manager?, like routing.

What Log On items load for you account?

Is there a pair of headphones or a diffrent system volume icon in your Menubar? [EDIT- answered myself on this one. No, I looked at your screen shot.]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.