Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
There’s no rules other than to share your dinner, lunch, or breakfast menu.

It’s an opportunity to share recipes if you wish.

Also, while not mandatory original photos are strongly encouraged.

Last edited:
Reactions: cuisine stuff

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
Spaghetti Bolognese and Apfel-Pie.

e4e93e94-73ea-4980-b49f-e124be457e98.jpg ApfelPie_485x485_01_7ac162049a.jpg

rafark

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2017
Last night I prepared some salad with pasta, chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and avocado for my mom. She got home too late and barely ate anything.:oops:

I'm playing safe today, I'm making chicken burgers. :p

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I only ate up half the homemade pizza I did :p
I swear there's a pizza beneath that ruccola.
Can definitely snack on it later, love snacking on cold pizzas
Guess I was drinking too much whey protein and eating a protein-bar too before, directly after spinning, starving.
After eating the half pizza, the protein hunger made me eat yet another bar.

pizza_small.jpg

Last edited:

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Meal I could eat every day (and did so for a month to recover from ulcerative colitis it worked great (note: I did not use any Salsa or beans when I had UC)):
Shredded Chicken Burritos.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups no salt added chicken stock (not broth)
- 4 tsp Knorr Chicken Boullion Granuales
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Herdez Salsa Verde
- 2 Tbs Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (About one fresh lime)

Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil and simmer at low for at least one hour. Remove chicken from pot. Shred with forks. Return to pot and bring back to a boil then simmer on another 15 minutes. You can cook this all longer and have more flavor seep in. Just add water as necessary.

Filling:
Guacamole
- Three Ripe Hass Avacado (nearly black and soft) - Florida Avacado also work but they aren't as creamy
- Lime Juice squeezed from one lime
- 3 Tbs Herdez Mild Salsa
- 1/4 tsp Salt

Just mash up and cover until ready to serve. Guacamole does turn brown when exposed to air. You can slow this by sealing the top with plastic wrap against the guacamole.

La Constena Whole Pinto Beans: I just heat up in a small pot. They are already seasoned. Usually two cans.

Kraft Mexican Cheese Blend or a mix of extra sharp cheddar and parmesan

Romaine lettuce chopped

Yellow onion diced

Herdez Salsa Verde and Mild Salsa

Lite Sour Cream

La Banderita Flour Tortilla

This recipe is lower sodium than many of you are probably used to. I'd rather let people add their own salt. I'd consider this meal fairly high in salt. Most stuff I make is much lower sodium.

Favorite meal but I'd get sick of:
Tri Tip Beef (normally I just use Chuck Roast but tri tip is the best, sometimes I substitute pork loin/tenderloin/butt)
- Slow baked in the over at 200F all day
- Marinated the day before with a home made dry rub using an Emeril Lagasse recipe
- Coated with BBQ sauce and wrapped in foil

Sides:
Bushs Grillin Beans - Southern Pit Barbeque
Zucchinni and Yellow squash - marinated in lemon juice, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar
Home Made Biscuits - J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits recipe from allrecipes.com
Corn on the cobb -Boiled then rolled in butter

Really there's a lot of meals I prepare which are very good. Turkey, Beef Wellington, Lasagna, beef ribs, burgers, pork roast and so forth. Along with many other Chinese, Italian, Indian, Mexican, French and English dishes. I just couldn't handle them every day. While I love pepperoni pizza. It would give me too much heartburn.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
It looks awesome!!!
And it tasted as good as it looks. :D

My wife 'cheats'. She uses canned roast beef (usually Hormel) for the meat and Herdez for the salsa. Frying the corn tortillas is nothing to her though, she's done it for so long.

But for a white boy whose idea of homemade tacos was hard shells, ground beef and no salsa this is a feast. Of course, if she went to all the trouble to hand make everything, it'd probably be my last meal as it would be so good.

My wife is a really good cook, so I lucked out that way.

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
My step daughter stopped by. She’s a lovely young woman. She lives across town with her mother and mom’s significant other. I sent food home with her ‘cuz that’s what parents do. Haha.

4C519276-8941-4C6C-AD26-538D5755EADD.jpeg
Baked mac & cheese. I think it’s her favorite comfort food.

F7161ED5-1BBA-49C1-9D2D-F39361E83DB3.jpeg

Poor picture of beef tenderloin with wine sauce and broccoli.

F2B06819-FBA5-45C8-9038-277B9222D887.jpeg
F73AAD4C-7166-43B9-B75D-6FE22A58492B.jpeg

I experimented with a broccoli (onion & chive) purée and goat cheese. It’s rich so a little goes a long way.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
home brew stir fry - yellow and red peppers, garlic, scallions, tofu, handful of chopped mixed salad greens, some diced up zucchini, canola oil, leftover rice from previous day, soy sauce, splash of rice vinegar, half a slosh of sesame oil, couple shakes of red pepper flake... 10 minutes to cut up and 5 min to cook... tried not to wolf it down, looked pretty good and tasted even better...

Gutwrench

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
It’s a lazy Monday evening.

044DE44D-FE78-4E42-98BA-561B73C8D7D1.jpeg
[doublepost=1534800232][/doublepost]
A common meal for me when I can get my wife to make tacos (she's Mexican).

View attachment 776806

That looks bueno.
[doublepost=1534800348][/doublepost]

Outstanding! I’m eating eggs. :weep:
[doublepost=1534800452][/doublepost]
Favorite meal but I'd get sick of:
Tri Tip Beef (normally I just use Chuck Roast but tri tip is the best, sometimes I substitute pork loin/tenderloin/butt)
- Slow baked in the over at 200F all day
- Marinated the day before with a home made dry rub using an Emeril Lagasse recipe
- Coated with BBQ sauce and wrapped in foil

I can almost, almost see that tri tip.
:refresh:
:refresh:

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’m aggravated because I was going to take a picture of a plate of sliced tomatoes, half an avacado, cottage cheese, and a slice of ham, but it got eaten too quickly! :oops:

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
Some incredibly spicy Asian takeaway, that wasn't supposed to be that hot to begin with, and I even ordered it "mild". So yeah, I'm pretty much sitting here burning up and sweating all the while wondering why I haven't bought milk in ages.

It's a shame, if it wouldn't have been so spicy, I imagine it would have been delicious. Also it was my first real meal in close to 24 hours, so that's kind of a bummer as well.

Reactions: Gutwrench

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Heat wave today or was that me losing it in P'RSI again. Anyway, dinner is just strawberries and some goat cheese with a few sesame crackers. I had an omelet in mind until I realized I'd have to put fire under a pan. No way.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Heat wave today or was that me losing it in P'RSI again. Anyway, dinner is just strawberries and some goat cheese with a few sesame crackers. I had an omelet in mind until I realized I'd have to put fire under a pan. No way.

Aww c’mon Scrooge you have new a/c. You can’t take it with you! Strawberries, goat cheese and crackers....yum.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Aww c’mon Scrooge you have new a/c. You can’t take it with you! Strawberries, goat cheese and crackers....yum.

The kind of a/c I have is the kind where you slide open the windows? Usually it works in the mountains. The trouble is, when it doesn't. it's not like you can give it a little tap on the side with a wrench. :eek:

The supper was good, yeah. Added some green grapes for dessert.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.