Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
hey, thought it would be interesting to find out what everyone's favorite and least favorite iapp was (from iLife or iWork)

my WORST has got to be iPhoto, it is so slow, freezes all the time, i know theres some kind of problem with mine in particular as well because half the time it won't show the images and just freezes, i tried reinstalling but nothing. oh well.

aside from iphoto i'd have to say iDVD its rele hard to use and confusing, plus i dun have a superdrive so dvd burning is already a no-go

my FAVORITE iApps are iTunes by far, as well as pages/keynote. they are so easy to use, and i love the way that tables are done in pages.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
safari

but for a long time, i just didn't like os x...now, i am getting used to it but it took some time

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Favorite has to be iTunes...

Least favored is impossible to say, because there are quite a lot Apple apps I have no use for and thus have no idea if are any good or not... but since I have no need for them, they're not exactly my favorites... ;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Hmmmm.... Least favorite took me some thinking. Excluding any app that I don't have a use for, but only including the ones that I either use or replaced (like I replaced iChat with Adium), I think I would have to go with:

Favorite: iTunes -- does exactly what I need it to, excessively well. :)

Least: I think I would have to go with Mail.app -- aside from the outstanding search capabilities that Tiger brought it, it's the one place where I consistently feel like other apps (particularly Outlook) do things better. Which, of course, begs the question of why I don't use Entourage 04. To which I don't have a great answer, short of the fact of better Address Book integration in Mail.

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
I use iTunes & Safari all the time, iPhoto got a lot faster since i got my G5 :D I dont use idvd or iMovie as i have FCstudio. iCal it useful to

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Favorite Go To's Daily:
FCP HD
Motion
Adobe CS Photoshop8
Netscape
Mail
Keynote2
QuickTime
Small Image2
Adobe Acrobat

Least Favorites:
iWork
AppleWork
Word
iPhoto
iTunes
X

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Favorite: Tie between Photoshop and Final Cut Pro HD (sorry, I can't choose)

Least favorite: Non-Pro Quicktime (no fullscreen wtf?) [love QT PRO though, have it, non pro is frustrating on other computers though]

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
xsedrinam said:
Favorite Go To's Daily:
FCP HD
Motion
Adobe CS Photoshop8
Netscape
Mail
Keynote2
QuickTime
Small Image2
Adobe Acrobat

Least Favorites:
iWork
AppleWork
Word
iPhoto
iTunes
X

blaskillet4 said:
Favorite: Tie between Photoshop and Final Cut Pro HD (sorry, I can't choose)

Read the title:
what is your fav/least fav apple app

Applespider

macrumors G4
iTunes and iPhoto are tops; partly because I've become hooked on iPhoto book creations!

Automator is creeping up there. That might just because of the sense of achievement I get seeing my 'app' in the Applications folder since I can't really code.

Least favourite? Dictionary. I hate that you can't search definitions to find words and that it refers you to other entries but you can't click through on them

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Favourite has got to be iTunes. Least favourite is probably one that I haven't used or bothered to look at yet. But so far, even though I love Safari, it's given me some trouble these past few days. Crashes. :(

This is off topic, but even though it's an essential application for me right now, Illustrator is my least favourite app at this time... it keeps beachballing while starting up, or refusing to close, and I've had to force quit it several times now.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
cleanup said:
Favourite has got to be iTunes. Least favourite is probably one that I haven't used or bothered to look at yet. But so far, even though I love Safari, it's given me some trouble these past few days. Crashes. :(

This is off topic, but even though it's an essential application for me right now, Illustrator is my least favourite app at this time... it keeps beachballing while starting up, or refusing to close, and I've had to force quit it several times now.

I'm sure you know that's not typical of Illustrator. I'd reinstall. Illustrator is a relatively light program... it shouldn't be beachballing at all.

Fave... iTunes/Garageband

Least Fave... iPhoto. by Far.

Militar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2005
Favorite: Mail and Safari (use these all the time)
Least Favorite: Sherlock

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
decksnap said:
I'm sure you know that's not typical of Illustrator. I'd reinstall. Illustrator is a relatively light program... it shouldn't be beachballing at all.

Fave... iTunes/Garageband

Least Fave... iPhoto. by Far.

are we talking about tiger without the patch?

...my sneezing or snoring out in cali can cause the beachball to spin out for a long time in boston ;)

Kerry Sanders

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Hayden, AL
Favorite: iTunes
Least Favorite: iTunes, because I use it so much. :)

Seriously, I do not think I have a least favorite. Everything works well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.