Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Grood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Me?

The state of the planet.
The snoring other half.
The noisy neighbours.
What I have to do at work tomorrow.
Whether or not to buy the 80GB 5.5G iPod now or hang on for the 'next big thing'.

Also, whenever I set an alarm, I wake up throughout the night wondering if it's about to go off. :(

What keeps you awake?

And how do you get back to sleep?

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
Thinking about the next day keeps me up at night...mostly from stress and anxiety.

Also. Snoring from my roommate and fears of the dark

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I normally don't have problems to sleep until my radio wakes me up, but sometimes I find it hard to fall asleep because of our noisy neighbours and the street light in front of our house.

It was great when this light was broken for weeks, until my wife called someone to fix it...

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Someone gorgeous

dogeyes_s.gif

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
i get really thirst and drink about a litre of water...it's been happening for the past 3 nights exactly at 2 30 .....scarry.....

it ussually takes me another 30 min to go back to sleep

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Usually, the rotten dog's howling next door. Last night, it was Wordsworth's relationship with his sister.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
apachie2k said:
i get really thirst and drink about a litre of water...it's been happening for the past 3 nights exactly at 2 30 .....scarry.....

it ussually takes me another 30 min to go back to sleep

I had that a 230 too. Weird :D It passed though so dont worry ;)

Im a really light sleeper and wake up even if the cat farts (downstairs). I have bought some earplugs and they work a treat. They block out noise enough so no sounds startles you. Everything is muffled but you can still hear your alarm in the morning. Its great. The throbbing of my massive brain helps me sleep. :D

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
- The Powerbook standby light (I always throw a shirt or something on top of it)
- Noisy cars on the street

Even with that, I have the ability to fall asleep almost immediately, and pretty much anywhere. :D

hush

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2006
Madrid, Spain
stuartluff said:
Mmmm.... Spanish women! ;)

hey chap, a BarÇa supporter!!! :D well, I am not into football anyway... what about Fernando Alonso, the new Formula 1's genius!!!

By the way, I love your country, I've been living in London for a long time, and last year I spent 7 months in Southampton on business... great country!!!

Cheers,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.