Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
BB9900, I enjoy getting 3 days of battery on my phone and use the ipod (touch 4g, 32GB) for music only so I get a week of commuting to work before charging that too :D

Might get the iPhone 6 if they can get more than one day of battery into it... I don't like to have to charge everyday.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2004
Can someone please confirm for me they are still able to tether an iPod Touch to a cell phone via bluetooth? I recently haven't been able to do it on 2 different Nokia cell phones with an iPod Touch and iPad Air. I used to be able to do it...

I think the 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 Beta update broke it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

AlexxRyzhkov

macrumors regular
May 17, 2014
Well its not an iPod Touch....

I used to have an Galaxy Nexus and iPod Touch 4th gen. Well the iPod touch slowly died, and finally it was dropped and just wouldn't turn on anymore :(

Fast forward about a year, and now I have an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 4. I use the iPhone 4 for all my music, pictures, some games, and I also have a waterproof case for it, so I use it when I go swimming, hiking, etc. I also use it in the car for music. I basically use it as an iPod, since it doesnt have service

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
Unfortunately the touch wouldn't help me if my car broke down in an area without wifi so a prepaid phone is a must for me. But that is literately the only reason I NEED to carry a cell phone. So in this day and age and where I live I am expected to have a cell phone since everyone else does, even though I have literately no one to text or call except for my mom.

PhilHeron

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2014
I've got a handy Nokia C3-01 feature phone. It's compact and durable and fits nicely into my pocket. I use it for calls and texts and outdoor photos (it's got a 5MP camera). I often use it tethered to my iPod or iPad over Bluetooth for internet access when I'm out and about. It only needs charging once a week.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I have my iPod touch and a really old Motorola Razr V3 that I used as my go phone. I had a 4S for a while and to be honest, for doing actual phone calling the Razr is a lot easier - the only calls I make are so far and few between - it's nice because the Razr will last a week on a single charge, so if I was in a bad situation I wouldn't have to worry about the battery dying!

I use my 5g iPod for everything else!

marker227

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2004
I've got a handy Nokia C3-01 feature phone. It's compact and durable and fits nicely into my pocket. I use it for calls and texts and outdoor photos (it's got a 5MP camera). I often use it tethered to my iPod or iPad over Bluetooth for internet access when I'm out and about. It only needs charging once a week.

Can you tether on 8.1.1 with an iPod still? Mine won't.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
Used to be a cheap Samsung slide phone (maybe it was called an infinity 2 or something like that...it was bright blue) before that (2010-ish) a Moterola flip phone or something like that...
Now it's my blue iPhone 5c. But I don't really carry both at the same time. I usually just have my nano and iphone at the same time just for the extra music.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2004
Has anyone experienced their iPod refusing to stay tethered to their phones?

I'm wondering if this is an issue with my carrier.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
I use an LG VX5600 clamshell type phone and have had it for about 5 years. It works great. Smaller and lighter than any iPhone ever made. Only need to recharge about once each 2 months with my usage. Cost with Verizon pre-pay plan averages about $5 a month. I'm very happy with it.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I use my iPod Touch with a cheap android phone with tethering capabillities. However, I want to know different combinations that people use with their iPod Touch's. What do you guys use? My upgrade's in September (Curse you, two year contracts!) and I might consider upgrading to an iPhone 6 (if it comes out then).

Samsung Galaxy S5. Though, I'll very likely invert that when the 6S Plus (or whatever the next 5.5" iPhone) comes out and the S5 will essentially be an Android iPod touch. I'm going to see if I can take the Verizon SIM card from my third generation iPad, slap it into the S5 so that it has cellular data; though I'm being told mixed things about whether or not that's possible. I do wish Apple would update the iPod touch line, though I fear that is very unlikely at this point.

gmm421

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2011
flippant

ipod touch (2010) + free verizon flip phone = saving lots of money/year

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
ipod touch (2010) + free verizon flip phone = saving lots of money/year

Someone I know sold his iPhone and used the $$ from that to get an iPad3 and dumbphone. You lose that nice, internet access on-the-go, but on the plus side, he quadruples his battery life.

gmm421

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2011
Someone I know sold his iPhone and used the $$ from that to get an iPad3 and dumbphone. You lose that nice, internet access on-the-go, but on the plus side, he quadruples his battery life.

I can't imagine spending around $700 for an iPhone and having to charge the unit daily, or more often. My iPod touch 4th gen has good battery life, and its much more transportable than an iPad. I had the battery changed after three years for $30. I charge my flip phone only once every 1-2 weeks.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
before i got my iPhone way back when (it feels like ages ago) i used to carry my iPod touch 2g with my blackberry bold. It felt like simpler times keeping all my music on one device not worrying about space with apps etc since i really never used many apps then. Keeping my bb open for texts, phone calls, and the occasional net search when needed on the go.

apluser

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2014
Ipod Touch is the original IPad. I use it with a Palm Pre 2 and a prepaid plan.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.