Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rivvvers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
The Shire
So I was wondering what everyone thinks the next MacOS release will be called after High Sierra?

Im pretty sure MacOS is going to retain the 10.14 incremental number shift and its going to stay consistent with California theme, so based on that my name preference would be "MacOS Redwood 10.14" after the redwood national park, i think its got a nice ring to it myself.
It would be interesting to hear some other ideas if anyone has any.

Glmnet1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2017
Redwood sounds good and the wallpaper(s) could be some amazing pictures of the coast. We've had mountains for a while, a lake+mountains in HS and now the ocean in Redwood.

Reactions: Rivvvers

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
macOS Joshua Tree

joshuaTree.jpg

It also ties in with Apple's U2 obsession

Reactions: rafark and Glmnet1

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
MacOS "Walrus" with the slogan "Plenty of fat, light on substance"?

Or maybe since the latest releases have been bug infested messes, how about a bug related theme like "Mac OS Cockroach"?

Or maybe since it's called a "premium" or "luxury" brand how about "MacOS Diamond"?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
The name? “ you’ll complain anyway”
Then the follow on update”here’s more to complain about”

Maybe after lakes

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Is it really relevant what it's called? It's not like any of the last few releases have added a single memorable, useful or time-saving feature. Mostly just a new wallpaper and new bugs. But I like Redwood though, but secretly prefer Even Higher Sierra.

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
Followed by "Even Higher Sierra", "Can you believe how High Sierra is?" and lastly "Highest Sierra"... Then "Nope, I was wrong, this must be the Highest Sierra". Then macOS Redwood..... And then "Because I got High Sierra"
"And now one more thing...introducing Highest Sierra. Why did we do this? Courage."

For real, I want Sierra-117 because he was my man back in the day.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
10.14 Copland

...just to remind everyone that OS feature creep is not a good thing, esp. when you’re most in need of bug fixes.

Rivvvers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
The Shire
macOS Los Angeles. Just because.
A shorten version of "MacOS Angeles" also sounds cool, again after another national forest too.
For a burb name i kinda like "MacOS Santa Ana"
I could see them using "MacOS Mojave" or "MacOS Tahoe" tho

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"HighEST Sierra" ;)

Or perhaps, "Really High Sierra" !

Last edited:

Rivvvers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
The Shire
A shorten version of "MacOS Angeles" also sounds cool, again after another national forest too.
For a burb name i kinda like "MacOS Santa Ana"
I could see them using "MacOS Mojave" or "MacOS Tahoe" tho
Looks like i called it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.