Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Okay this is weird. Half of my fonts decided to change directories it seems like.

After some investigating with Spotlight, half are in /library/fonts, the other half are in system/library/fonts. What the fsck? The one in the "system" directory are the ones working. Are all of them supposed to be there? Why would they move? And why does that folder exist if it's useless? :confused:

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
dferrara said:
Okay this is weird. Half of my fonts decided to change directories it seems like.

After some investigating with Spotlight, half are in /library/fonts, the other half are in system/library/fonts. What the fsck? The one in the "system" directory are the ones working. Are all of them supposed to be there? Why would they move? And why does that folder exist if it's useless? :confused:

I believe the fonts in System/Library/Fonts are required. Fonts that are installed by apps will be in~/user/library/fonts. At this point anybody can jump in here and correct me if you choose.

Fonts won't move, to the best of my knowledge, unless someone moves them. It is possible through a font utility that you may have moved them.
Fonts that are added later will usually be in the folder~/user/library/fonts.
:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.