Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RecTechMin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2002
I have a 2.5 year old powerbook that I sent in to apple in order to fix its broken case, which apple said is covered by applecare.

They are having trouble locating the piece and have had my powerbook on "hold" for nearly a month. They said they would call me back within 48 hours if they still can't find the piece and come up with a "solution."

if the computer can't be fixed, what are the options? has anyone else heard of this? i've been screwed for the last month, i need a computer to work!

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
RecTechMin said:
I have a 2.5 year old powerbook that I sent in to apple in order to fix its broken case, which apple said is covered by applecare.

They are having trouble locating the piece and have had my powerbook on "hold" for nearly a month. They said they would call me back within 48 hours if they still can't find the piece and come up with a "solution."

if the computer can't be fixed, what are the options? has anyone else heard of this? i've been screwed for the last month, i need a computer to work!

If they can't repair it then they are obligated to give you a replacement. You paid for Applecare and you should get what you paid for. If they try to jerk you around anymore I would politely demand a replacement unit as you have already waited for a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.