Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Because we are gonna have
iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S
But when iPhone 6 comes out ?????
What will happen to the other 2 phones ?
It doesn't make sense at all
Why make two different phones and then next year both of them getting replaced ? Does this topic make sense ?
Hope someone annylize it

veneto

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2013
We'll just get the iPhone 6C, iPhone 7C, iPhone 8C, iPhone 9C and so on and so forth.
apple-iphones-evolution.jpg

In 5 years, it will be double the size.
iphone-5-iphone-10-iphone-101-iphone-future-2-630x3601.jpg

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012

So when the i5 came out, what happened to the 4 and 4s?

YOU don't make sense at all. I have no idea where you are going.

Why make two different phones and then next year both of them getting replaced ?

Next year why can't they make a 6 and a 6c?

Keep two lines, like iPod Classic and iPod Nano.

Does this topic make sense ?

I have not the faintest idea what you are talking about.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
From a lot of what I hear, the 5C will be a lot like a 5 with a different casing. So that means the 5 will probably be put on clearance. I don't see how it doesn't make sense. The original iPad and iPad 3 aren't for sale any more. I can't imagine the iPad 2 will exist in a few months.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
I believe the introduction of the 'C' range will mark a change in approach from Apple and they will no longer cascade down older models at cheaper prices to satisfy entry level customers / emerging markets.

These were originally designed to be flagship devices, so the cost of manufacturing remains relatively high which eats into profit as the price is reduced.

A new device using plastic etc is cheaper to manufacture, removing this issue. I think the following is likely;

This year - 5S, 5C with 5 discontinued
Next year - 6, 6C with 5S & 5C discontinued
Following - 6S, 6CS with 6 & 6C discontinued
Then - 7, 7C with 6S & 6CS discontinued
And - 7S, 7CS with 7 & 7C discontinued
etc

Assuming the pattern goes that far of course, 4 years is a long time in tech.

Last edited:

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S
Why make two different phones and then next year both of them getting replaced ? Does this topic make sense ?
Hope someone annylize it

You know, retailers and service providers are still selling the 4 and 4s. The 3gs was only just discontinued when the 5 came out, and plenty of people are still using it. What's going to happen to the 5c and 5s? Their prices will go down as newer models are released. What else would happen?

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S
Hope someone annylize it

What happened to the iPad when the mini came out? Well this year will be the first year that we find out. But odds are, they will simply update both.

Next year we could just see the iPhone 6, or we could see the 6 and 6c. Maybe they will update the c line after every 2 years. We dont really know, all we can do is wait 1 year and find out :]

James717

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2013
I am very sad of the rumor that once the 5S comes out, the 5's will be discontinued.

Discontinued!!

The 5C replaces the 4S in price.

The 5S replaces the 5 in price.

The 5's will be known as the 9 month iPhone that is pretty much a place holder for the 4S to the 5S. So basically, the S line are the desired line. Screw the iPhone 6, wait for the iPhone 6S!!

I love my iphone 3, my iphone 4, my iphone 5. I've bought the 3S, 4S for my girls. But as a proud owner of the 3,4, and 5's, I always bragged I got the original masterpiece. Now? Discontinued.

Sad.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S
Hope someone annylize it
Apple may go to a cycle where they just have new models each year instead of retaining old models. Apple keeps iPhone models around longer than most (if not all) other phone models are kept on the market.

I believe the introduction of the 'C' range will mark a change in approach from Apple and they will no longer cascade down older models at cheaper prices to satisfy entry level customers / emerging markets.
This year - 5S, 5C with 5 discontinued
Next year - 6, 6C with 5S & 5C discontinued
Following - 6S, 6CS with 6 & 6C discontinued
Then - 7, 7C with 6S & 6CS discontinued
And - 7S, 7CS with 7 & 7C discontinued
etc

Assuming the pattern goes that far of course, 4 years is a long time in tech.
Actually, I think with having both a 5S and a 5C this year, we might see the model number increment each year instead of the current alternating cycle.

So this year 5S/5C, next year 6S/6C and the year after 7S/7C.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Only Apple fans would worry about the next years version of the iPhone before this year's version of the iPhone is even announced/released! Everyday I understand more and more the term fan-boy thanks to this forum :)

Vinamra

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Why don't we talk about iPhone 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Hold your horses! Lets see what's in store with 5S and 5C. I'm sure many people would be excited to see what design changes Apple brings to the next iPhone (and crib that its similar to the previous version. *Cue "Apple can't innovate" comments here*) but there is no point thinking (becoming obsessive) with something that is almost a year in the future!

And OP, sorry but you really don't make any sense here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.