Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
MBP with a free house to keep it in and free car for total mobility. After all mobility is what laptops are about :D

D34th

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2006
Connecticut
12" MacBook Pro, 2GB RAM, 2.16Ghz, 120 GB HD, Dual Layer Superdrive...and obviously no whine or heat problems...

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
FireArse said:
Dual core G5 PowerBook.

if it were possible to keep cool enough and stay thin in its form factor, it would be a great machine and i would buy one

the core duo intel chip is cool enough as it is to use primetime in thin laptops, even though it would not be as fast as a dual G5 laptop, especially using adobe cs 2

the imac g5 seems cool enough but it's plastic and it's thick...a dual G5 laptop would probably have to be as thick as my bulky clamshell ibook, and be plastic (which isn't such a bad thing...wallstreets seemed to be good), but a dual G5 laptop would be over 1.5" inches thick and big by today's mac standards

now if we are talking industrial design from most pc companies' standards, a 7 pound 1.5" inch laptop is perfectly acceptable, but i wouldn't want my mac laptop to be that large, even if it had dual G5 processors...unless it was a desktop replacement and i didn't have to haul it around

i have seen people try and lug the 17" inch powerbook and it looks like a strain, and even though the machine is thin, it's still beyond the sweetspot of a comfortable weight for most people

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
FireArse said:
You and me both, sir.

Farewell PowerPC, your technical superiority have made us proud. :(

actually, i love both the G5 and the intel chips...i want BOTH but can't afford both...i have a core duo imac and while it's really cool, it is not a dual or quad G5

my friend's dual G5, rev a, just roars over my core duo imac :)...but he has more money than me

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I know this wont be too popular, but essentially an MBP in a tougher housing like an iBook housing. A little more room should also make it run a bit cooler, and therefor maybe quieter, plus I just found that my old iBook could withstand the strains of travelling very well. The MBP, while a lovely form, is a little on the delicate side for my purposed.

While I want the power sometimes, I also sometimes need great battery life. What about a toggle that drops you into power-saving modes (ultra-low, and low wiht bright screen settings) so I don't have to muck around with the settings when I want to change. I find the switch for WIFI-BlueTooth on off to be very useful on my PC latptop.

dwsolberg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2003
MacBook Pro 13.5" under 5 lbs, better battery

I'd like a 13.5" MacBook Pro with 1.87 core duo processor, bright screen, 3 USB plugs, Firewire 400, DVI out, audio in/out, space for two memory sticks (up to 4 GB). They could sell the CD drive separately, as I wouldn't need one. I could also do without the card slot. I would like the weight under 5 lbs, increased battery life (5 hours real world), and increased durability. Definitely doable...

MattyP

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2005
San Francisco
Aha, so the Dell is upgradable... As long as there is pin compatibility, why not? It would certainaly give me more confidence in buying. That is pretty important. I would also like a modem incorporated, just because you never know where you are going to wind up, and not every where has hotspots. Expandable RAM to 4gb would be fantastic, and 5.5 hours of battery life would be nice too.

Also I think it would be really really cool if the macbooks had a shiny chrome underside, like an ipod and a choice of white, black and maybe a color top... but that's me.

Nighteater537

macrumors member
May 1, 2006
Frozonecold said:
I was recently wondering how Aple could improve their macbook pro laptop line, so I decided to ask it here to find out what you guys think. Okay here is mine:
I think Apple should add a touch sensor to the trackpad button so that it can sense left or right clicks like a mighty mouse.
They need a s vedio input/output port, so that u can record stuff of a tv with out getting an adapter

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
i'd like the current mbp's without the issues, that'd be perfect. although, my 12in powerbook would be enough for me if it had a higher res screen and an isight!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.