Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
I actually liked the numbers. Here's why:

"What mac do you have?"
"An iMac."
"Ohh, which one?"
"Er.. which one?"
"Yeah, which processor?"
"Er.. G3."
"Ah nice! Which G3 iMac?"
"Er.. a blue one?"
"Ahh! A blue one! Original bondi or the laster one?"
"Uhh... I can see through it."
"Hmm... I have an 9600/200."
"Ah nice!"

See what I mean? :)

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
I wish Nintendo had made:
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Super Dooper Nintendo

Sadly, Flower Power failed, Wow Her Power is sexist, PowerTower was a whole 'nother company.

I don't want G5, I don't want PowerMac 970. I don't want extreme, ultimate, or any silly superlatives which will help force early obsolescence.

Power Mac Nine?

samsflagdrummer

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2003
frankly, i dont care what its called, as long as i can laugh at all those pc retards when it comes out (which will hopefully be soon)...

...thats gonna be sweeeeet...

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
Originally posted by daniel77
..the best part is is that they are going to spymac to pick out a design :p

Why is that such a bad idea? A world-wide powermac design contest would make so much sense. After all, it is a computer dedicated to multi-media design.

If this has already taken place, and I look like an idiot, please forgive me :D

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
well..

How 'bout...
POWER"IT'S ABOUT *UCKING TIME"MAC? or
POWER"NO IT'S NOT MOTOROLA" MAC or
POWER"THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE"MAC?
seriously, I think it will just be Powemac, with a name derived from the new enclosure appearance(whatever that might be)

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2002
-----POWER"IT'S ABOUT *UCKING TIME"MAC? or
-----POWER"NO IT'S NOT MOTOROLA" MAC or
-----POWER"THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE"MAC?

I like Power "It's About ****ing Time" Mac. But how about, Power Mac "Hell Is Not Frozen Over, Farm Animals Are Not Slamming Into 747, G4 Really Is No More" or Power Mac HINFOFAANSI7GRINM?

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Originally posted by primalman
I have this sneaking suspsision that with the recent push into the enterprise, and the [I think] likelyhood that Apple will want to have a 'workstation' class machine for the uber high-end video/3D/other markets, the name may very well be:

'Xmac'

I think you're onto something here. Then the X-series (Xmac, Xserve) would be the Pro line, and the i-series (iMac, iBook) would be the consumer line. As the PowerBooks were upgraded to 970s, they would become XBooks. Good call!

I doubt they'll change the case right away, but when they do, it'll undoubtedly be to the aluminum look. Just saw the 12" PB yesterday, what a beautiful piece of hardware - not only looks great, but feels solid - next to it, the iBook looks like a plastic toy.

And BTW, since this thread is about "what should the hypothetical 970s be called", adding a comment on the order of "I don't care what they're called" doesn't contribute anything. C'mon, suggest a name!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.