Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
It wasn't innocent. I could tell he's been going around just parroting that to everyone completely not understanding the scope of the new class of size or the purpose of it and that some people prefer that trade off.

This guy was generic.

I can tell he rambled on like that about it. It wasn't just an innocent comment the way he said it. You can tell there was a hidden agenda behind his dissonance for the Plus.

----------

Why do you always post in my threads with a generic useless comment always opposite of what Im trying to talk about?

Pls dont stalk my posts and threads thanks. Im noticing a pattern from you.

As they say "Be the bigger man"

Sometimes it's difficult but we don't have to make sarcastic or rude comments back to someone, it's harder to respond level headed than with some sharp witted comeback.

Guys with bigger trucks or faster cars can use the same sort of logic as I got the bigger phone because it's better..it's all relative, just do your thing wether its bigger or smaller, try to ignore the negative BS around you and don't drop to ******** status yourself.

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
So I went in to look at phones in store (9/25ish delivery for me) and I was at the display desk for the iPhones.

Nearby there was some early-20-something average dude with his gf waiting in the main phone line about to get checkout by a worker.

I was holding both phones just looking, and he made a loud annoying comment like yeah, I would never get that one its way too big.

In my mind I snapped, but not before I returned an even more annoying blow.

See the way he said it right when I was fondling the 5.5 with the 4.7 next to it I could tell he was wanting to get that hater energy out there so I could hear it. Maybe agree or comment with him? I dunno.

It defined him at the time yunno? It represented the essence of his swag like how he was feeling these days. A pretty simple seeming guy. His girlfriend standing by his side. I wasn't even talking to him but he was being all chatty cuz who knows how long he had been waiting in line for pick up.

So I felt this surge of irritation so I hit back with the totally unexpected: "CANT AFFORD THE BIG BOY PHONE HUH? HAHAHA" (With that fake, old man from the 80s laugh)

It was the perfect level of basal ignorance to combat his.

It hits them in two spots and if you want to have the last laugh this season thats how cheap you gotta go.

I wasn't even talking to anyone just minding my business. Don't try to small talk me with some basic bs. I didn't ask for your opinion.

Honestly people are getting really petty this time around out in public.

I feel like the 6Plus is more awesome than ever because of the polarizing nature. You know you're doing something right when people are all insecure.

So if people are gonna have cheap one liners, we are gonna need cheap rebuttals to get through the season.
Wow a phone got you that upset? You really need a life.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
As is your self-awareness.

Unsubscribed.

Honestly its my self awareness that is the point of why I felt antagonized, oppressed if you will.

Im aware of WHY he said that.

The main source of my "plight" is that I know exactly the 1-2-3/A-B-C conclusion he came to of catastrophically low-brow proportions.

As I was handling the phones, it became clear its gonna be such a theme; Yes the iPhone 6 is immaculately perfect and balanced and is the best phone ever made in the traditional sense. And that the Plus is bigger compared to that balance.

And that the eternal failure on the part of everyone will be to ignore the "ocular pleasure" element as a superior and significant element of why the tradeoff is arguably worth it in most but extreme cases. And it is this, the source of why I snapped in a civilized passive aggressive way.

We aren't animals. And I don't live in the ghetto. Like I said, I said it in a mostly joking manner, whilst staying civilized and only appropriately passive aggressive in proportion to his. Its just that genericness is what got to me. Like yes, we get it, the phone is bigger--It was an aggravating symbol of what the mostly unaware masses are probably also thinking.

Heres the main thing: Its a personal experience to your own self. When you are sitting there alone looking at your phone do you or do you not quantify that significant superiority of the Plus sized screen?

And the answer to this question by these people when they jump to these conclusions is frustratingly 'No'.

Last edited:

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
Very disappointed in the rift created by the two phones. If the bulk of supporters on each side aren't secretly android trolls looking to start trouble then I'm very concerned.

Mansu944

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
WTF, some of you people are nuts. I mean like a combination of being a d!ck and a d!ck with OCD.

Pardon while I go back to my 6 Plus (I love this thing).

PN4

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
CHS
I thought OP might have been talking about me as I started reading the story. I went with my girlfriend yesterday to fondle both new iPhones and order which one we wanted. We both discussed the size and agreed that the 6 Plus is just way too big. We went back today and each got a 6. While we were discussing how the 6 Plus was too big we didn't care who heard our conversation, but thankfully there was no rude comments about not being able to afford the 6 Plus thrown our way. It would have given us a good laugh though that someone would actually say that to a stranger.

Last edited:

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Do do do do, do do do do. To the theme of twighlight zone.

Seriously to the OP. You're lucky you didn't get knocked out. If I would have heard some moron say that to me in front of my wife I would have either made a real fool out of you in front of the whole store or just gave you a quick punch to the teeth.

Dubberton

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
let him do his thing and you do yours. in the end you both will be happier. like someone else said he is renting space in your head. don't get tangled up and try to let go of stuff like this.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010

Seriously to the OP. You're lucky you didn't get knocked out. If I would have heard some moron say that to me in front of my wife I would have either made a real fool out of you in front of the whole store or just gave you a quick punch to the teeth.

Like I said, I don't live in the ghetto.

This person specifically was chatty and inviting a comment from me in particular. He was just waiting and hyped up. I was inspecting only the iPhone 6 at that moment and he thought I was on his side probably when he said that towards me. Don't let the tone of this thread fool you. In the end it all ended with us mostly smiling.

Little did he know that secretly inside I was slightly more annoyed than I let on when I left.

Classy post tho.

Last edited:

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase

GTL much?

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
The guy just said he thought the phone was too big. Geez, look at what you are making of his comment. What happens to you when someone is truly mean or insulting to you? You must melt down.

Bazilemac

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
this is amazing. Humans have processed so far that our lives are completely involved in a phone. it's truly amazing. I love the information age so much haha

Max Girth

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2014
So I felt this surge of irritation so I hit back with the totally unexpected: "CANT AFFORD THE BIG BOY PHONE HUH? HAHAHA" (With that fake, old man from the 80s laugh)

[edit: nevermind. Too personal. I should keep my opinions to myself]

Last edited:

iOz

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
No you were just being hypocritical. That is all.

Well when you can walk on water then you can judge me, until then kindly foff. Hypocritical enough for ya? You do realize your coming off as a bigger joke than the OP?

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
For the love of God, can a mod just lock this thread already? And while they're at it, ban the OP from starting new inane threads?

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Well when you can walk on water then you can judge me, until then kindly foff. Hypocritical enough for ya? You do realize your coming off as a bigger joke than the OP?

I wasnt being judgemental at all. You were the one who got on your high horse and it was so high that even you couldnt live up to the standards you have set for others. Resorting to profane language only means you lost the argument because I havent in any way invited that style of discourse into the discussion. Check yourself.

----------

Like I said, I don't live in the ghetto.

This person specifically was chatty and inviting a comment from me in particular. He was just waiting and hyped up. I was inspecting only the iPhone 6 at that moment and he thought I was on his side probably when he said that towards me. Don't let the tone of this thread fool you. In the end it all ended with us mostly smiling.

Little did he know that secretly inside I was slightly more annoyed than I let on when I left.

Classy post tho.
Clearly people didnt understand the full contrxt of what happened before responding negatively.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.